DSRuptive BeUno open beta (EU only)

Hi all,

DSRuptive has announced an Open Beta program for their BeUno temperature implant.

It was previously more “confidential” to get included in their program, although several people on this forum have a BeUno implanted, including yours truly.

For the moment, it’s only open to people that can be implanted by one of their preferred piercing shops in the EU, so if you’re not in the EU, you’ll have to travel here.

The one shop I know of in Belgium is Skins-Bodyart, where several people from Belgium (doh), France and the Netherlands have been implanted with a BeUno.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Hey what why don’t I know this?

I’m just gonna wait for the day amal announces the flexTemp3000… soooon™

5 Likes

Martin Kraus from Cologne (Germany) implanted my BeUno :slight_smile:

I love this chip - its so amazing

2 Likes

Does the app have a setting to show in °F :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not yet - bt I think this will come, when they release the chip also in the USA

2 Likes

Perfect opportunity to learn some real units of measurement

5 Likes

Note that the Android app can sync the temperature measures to Google Fit, where the data is only shown in Fahrenheit :roll_eyes:.

I have submitted a feature request for Google Fit to have the choice in temperature units, just like the other metrics (weight, height, energy, distance,…).

Signed myself up for the beta :slight_smile:
Is there any technical info on how the temperature readout works?
Could I just strap an Arduino to myself to generate a temperature log?
Or are they being secretive and proprietary about it?

you will get a special app for your phone to read your chip (Android and iPhone) It saves yur temperature.

Yes, but I wonder if the app is strictly necessary? I would like to be able to extract the data with some kind of homebrew solution. I don’t like being locked in to an ecosystem.

Somebody on this forum from the same country as you :wink: has also expressed privacy concerns about the BeUno app.

I don’t know if it’s possible to scan the implant outside their app.

I tried several NFC tools, like TagInfo for instance, but none of the returned fields contained anything close to the measured temperature.

Note it also works as a NDEF storage, allowing the user to store medical information, emergency contacts, information about the user, link to websites or other free text. And also store a COVID certificate (under the text format HC1:…)

2 Likes

Is my German-ness so obvious, lol?

I think I might just get one shoved in me anyway. Worst case I will have to buy a proxmark.

My theory is, that they might be relying on some kind of NFC <-> I2C bridge thing. The XSIID contains one. Might be a fun reverse engineering task.

Ein bisschen! :wink:

1 Like

is the app public somewhere? Can I have the .apk?

I got the link, after I got the BeUno implanted.

1 Like

For those interested, when they were doing the closed beta, which was also supposedly EU only, I emailed them and they said that as long as I was able to provide information regarding a trusted installer, that they would send the product even though I’m based in the US

3 Likes

@SnarkBe @JennyMcLane
Where did you implant your BeUno? To get a more or less accurate temperature reading, i would assume that it would have to be located in/near the armpit or somewhere comparable, but then accessing it would be a bit more complicated. Is is viable to put it on your chest and still get a usable temperature?

1 Like

It’s indeed in the chest, on the left side. I get usable temperature data from it. It’s usually around 37,4°C.

If you want a temperature from the armpit, you need to implant a xBT but you need then the specific reader. The BeUno is interesting as it can be read by any smartphone with NFC.

1 Like

Hey is there any chance you could scan the implant with tag info and tell us what tag it presents as I.e. an ntag i2c ect