DSRuptive BeUno open beta (EU only)

I might take a shot as getting them to send to my installer… can’t hurt right?

Hmm scratch that… 260 USD is a lot to throw at a thermometer at the moment… I might have been more willing if my car didn’t just decide it wanted to visit a mechanic

2 Likes

It shows temperatures in Kelvin? Is there any other unit of measurement for temperature?

Rankine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i have it over the right breast. Temperature is during the day a little bit different. Between 36.9 - 37.4

i have the xBT in the upperarm and over the keft breast. I have there the most time: arm: 31-32 and breast 33-34

works also through my shirt. This picture was taking short after install.

1 Like

I had already subscribed to their beta a few weeks ago, I really hope to be able to have one :star_struck:

Dump removed, not sure it can be shared openly (NDA)

As a good beta tester, I have included my health data in the NDEF section, so I have removed a few parts. I hope it’s enough for you to see what you want.

Cool so they are using the ntag5 chip thats really cool, possibly the first implementation I’ve seen of that chip.

1 Like

Got a question about that implant, mostly directed at the women in the beta program (though maybe anyone has an idea about that) - can it be used to track the basal body temperature? Like, there is a method where you track this every morning and use that data together with some other attributes to determine when your ovulation happens, and it would be quite comfortable to just scan your implant for a second vs. sticking a thermometer in your mouth for three minutes every morning :wink:

1 Like

I’m not sure waht you mean.
I must say I have also the implanon - so I don’t have the bleeding - its annoying when you can’t go swimming in summer. I must also say I’m asexual.
After getting up I have about 37,2 - 37,4 degrees - In the evening it is about 36,9 Its also different on days - I can upload picture a bit later, when I’m on my smartphone

1 Like

What’s the precision you need to accurately map that out? Like would you need 0.1°C accuracy in order to trust it, or would 0.5°C work?

The temperature sensor in there might be accurate enough, but you need to manually adjust for the difference between the temperature it reads on your arm and your core temp, and the accuracy on that adjustment could be a bit off depending on conditions

1 Like

The thermometers used for that display two decimal places, so yeah, that would be important. The adjusting isn’t really neccessary in fact, because you don’t need your core temperature, you just need a reliable graph of the temperature during the whole cycle, so you can see on what day the temp starts to rise. So if you always use the same method of measuring, it’s okay - it would just be a bad idea to use the implant on some days and measuring in the mouth on some others, for example.

I guess this would surely have some influence :wink:
To be honest, I would never rely on the temperature method for prevention, but it’s definitely interesting nevertheless.

1 Like

hmmm.
upload doesn’t work at the moment

I also signed up for the beta

1 Like

cool today it worked

Check out my cheap-ass BeUno range extender:

It works pretty good, even through layers of clothes, even with that particular cellphone that just won’t work with the BeUno by itself.

It looks like crap though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I changed my smartphone 2 weeks ago, from a OnePlus 7T to a Samsung Galaxy S21 FE, and since I’ve had a very hard time to read the BeUno :sob:

Strangely, just as I saw your post, @anon3825968 , I tried and could get a read the 1st time.

1 Like

This is my second BeUno. The first one failed. I asked my installer to install the replacement with a dermal elevator in the topmost layer of the skin to maximize coupling. It sure helps.

Wouldn’t that reduce its accuracy though?

Sounds like we need that chip, but in a flex format for a little more range

It doesn’t. No difference.

Indeed. That’s why I made my glassie booster. When His Amalness figures out a hard encapsulation method, we’ll be able to get long range BeUno implants :slight_smile: But for the time being, your best bet for best performances is sourcing an installer who can work a dermal elevator.