F in Chat for my implants

What worries me is that they failed inside your body. If your installed damaged them with his tool, they’d have gone in dead. But they failed later, meaning something is cooking under your skin. Possibly your bodily juices attacking the internals of the implants.

Either that or you did something really rough with your hands that you don’t remember.

Or I’m just unlucky. I’m not willing to risk my poor handerinos waiting for a piercer to open back up to do a proper swap so i’m getting them out asap, but with my luck they’re just regular broken.

:man_shrugging: The most physical activity I do is drop my hand onto the KBR1 reader from about 3 inches up. No other serious trauma in that area.

Maybe someone nearby has a EMP they’re testing and it’s frying my implants. Quick, who has a spectrum analyzer!? :tinfoil-hat:

1 Like

One dead implant, maybe. Two dead implants in short order? Mighty unlikely.

Either that or Amal disabled them using the DT mind control box, because it’s Christmas but you’ve been a naughty boy!

Hey, may I remind you that the ER sent me away as well, refusing to take out my implant when my hand was already swollen, red and hot? :stuck_out_tongue:
That they send people away who have no (obvious) signs of infection or “damage” (except for dead implants they won’t understand anyways), especially if the ER is as overcrowded as it usually is, doesn’t really surprise me.

I think it is very unlikely that your installer damaged the chips - it seems like they worked for some time, and an obvious damage would have lead to them not working at all, like Rosco said. Tweezers without protective stuff might maaaaybe lead to damage of the biopolymer, though I think this is relatively unlikely as well - if they did, things might get serious because of

, but normally, you would show at least some tiny signs of your body reacting to that. If you poke your implants a bit, is there any sensation that’s different to before? Not necessarily “painful”, just different than normal…

Now this one is really strange. Again, just for better understanding, how long did you have the implants inside you?
And, more of a question to the community, did anyone hear of flexies of that shape failing? I thought they were pretty robust, but since Karikamiya has them both placed on the same spot and both failed shortly after each other, I’m thinking of any activity or movement that might have had some impact on the implants (maybe unknowingly, like some movement while sleeping or something like that).

Currently I’m thinking this

is the most likely reason… :wink:

That’s really unfortunate, @karikamiya. Sorry you have to deal with this bullshit, especially now.

I doubt the implants mechanically failed. They’re pretty robust and some people put them through some seriously tough conditions. I might have missed it, but you never said how long you’ve had them in?

As for the encapsulation being compromised, without more information I would say that’s the most likely explanation. The biopolymer is very rugged, but not very “hard”. Even the slightest pressure with a metal tool can easily penetrate the coating, and a pinhole is all it takes to doom the implant. Your body juices are very reactive and prolonged exposure will certainly break down the connection between the chip and the antenna. For a flexNT and a flexDF2 there’s not really much dangerous material to get into your bloodstream (not like a failing magnet). Definitely get them out as soon as you can, but it’s probably not an “emergency”.

Examine them after you get them out. If they’re compromised you’ll likely see dirty liquid inside the implant envelope.

1 Like