Fantastic shots of glow implant w/ pixel 6

I have an Apex Mega Spectrum in (roughly) the center of my right hand and I’d say it’s about half the size in terms of width, but way thinner as well. Granted, the swelling hasn’t completely gone down for me yet but I can only barely see it whereas the flexNExT is super visible here.

I went for the pink/purple one, same as the previous one. We had a chat wit Amal on that and he did some testing to see which one charged the powder better. Overall the purple was a good candidate.

1 Like

I was going to replace this one with a spectrum but everyone said it was risky to put it on the hand. So I decided to keep this one where it is just for esthetics and put the spectrum on my wrist.
If yours still works in 6-12months I might reconsider…
Also can’t wait to see it blink!

I have a feeling my arm is gonna look like crop circles at Christmas :joy:

1 Like

If I didn’t have full sleeves already I may have put it somewhere else. I just got a flexEM in today that’s going in the same-ish spot in my left hand too. The healing is definitely a motherfucker - it’s incredible how vascular the hand is and how the brusing and swelling migrates throughout, but I’m pretty stoked on it.

I’ll probably be making a dedicating blinkie post once I remove the stitches along with 6/12 month updates if anything funky arises.

Keep your hand elevated (above heart level) for 2-3 days after implanting a big one. It saved me, no swelling, no pain :wink: at night I rest my hand on a pile of pillows next to me

Dunno if this is of interest, but since it’s about the various methods of implanting glowing stuff, I thought I’d add my experience with my silicone glowy here…
The above description is similar to what I have with it. Just ambient light during day, and I can see it glowing in a dark room very well - not just for an hour, but actually, depending on how much light there was during the day, up to 4-5 hours.
For charging it (to show it off during day or for taking pictures) I use a UV flashlight, works wonders for some minutes, but fades away quickly after that.

Problem is, I have no clue what kind of pigment was used in my implant, and how it was encased. I think it is mixed with the silicone, and then there is another layer of clear silicone around it (so nothing of the glowy stuff is in direct contact with my body). At least that’s what it looks like.

If it is indeed just pigments mixed with silicone, it would be really interesting if you could do it in different colours as well… I know that those strontium aluminate-based pigments are available in several other colours.

1 Like

Yeah, I have the Apex Mega. I wondered if it was really that much bigger or his hands were really small.

Mine didn’t really hurt too much but it was swollen for almost two months. I wore a compression glove when I slept but I’m not sure if that really helped.

:joy: it’s 42mm, about 2* the mega. My hands are skinny but pretty much average size I think

@amal is any of that possible?

Kinda… exploring some stuff later

4 Likes

Such a tease :tired_face: lol

2 Likes

If the glow powder can resist the heat from sealing the glass capsules then filling some glassies up with powder is good first step. I don’t know if straight up powder would give it enough strength though. If resin is involved then it makes things a bit more complicated.

1 Like

There are some options to be explored in 2023 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:snowflake::notes:Let it glow, let it glow , let it glow! :notes::snowflake:

3 Likes