First Implant NExT Questions

If you have NFC turned on on an android phone, then when unlocked, it’s always looking for a tag. My Red Hydrogen 1 looks for a tag as long as the screen is on. But it won’t do anything with it if the screen is on but locked. My s10e doesn’t enable NFC until the screen is unlocked.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response. That’s a very good idea!
Do you maybe have a recommendation in regards to the RFID cloner?

And as far as I’ve understood: Is it correct that our administration would have to add my unique ID into their system in order to allow me access? I believe I’ve read that every RFID card/implant/whatever has a unique ID.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer! I’ve just found out that it’s now possible to write to nfc tags with an iPhone (iOS 13):

1 Like

With regards to the RFID question, I’m assuming you are talking about the Low Frequency 125kHz xEM side of your NExT.
If so, you are pretty much correct.
What I would reccomend is:-

If your security card admin people are willing to enroll you NExT into your system, that will be the most simple and fastest way to go.
If you scan your NExT on the reader/writer they use to enroll your current access cards and it successfully reads it, they just need to enroll it. JOB DONE

Depending on the access readers being used, you may need to play around with finding the "sweet "spot for reading.
If you have a DT 125 kHz X Field Detector this will help a lot to find it…

If they won’t or cant enroll it, you will need to confirm if the NExT is compatible with your security system you provided in the link to above:-
https://www.hidglobal.com/products/cards-and-credentials/indala/flexkey-keytag 5

Hopefully some of the Gurus on here can answer that for you.

If it looks like it is compatible and if you end up needing to Clone your current security tag, I would reccomend…
first go with @ebryer suggestion in the message above. Cheap chinese cloner and get a/some T5577 card(s) to test on first.
EDIT
actually probably HID cards

DT are out of stock of the cheap cloners, however in this link there is a lot of info and a video, worth a read/watch

Failing that, if you want to invest in a Proxmark

alternatively
Depending on where you live, there might be somebody on here willing to help you out with access to their knowledge AND Proxmark.
Good luck I hope you manage to get it to work.

If so please share back here, as there may be others in the same situation at some stage.

3 Likes

You are absolutely right! That is a new and exciting development from Apple/iOS that I only learnt of a short while after my post last night. Yep it seems the iOS 13 upgrade has unlocked a lot of NFC potential in iPhones now! Which I am stoked about.

We now have the ability to write NFC Tags from iPhones which we did not have before, I have played around with that extensively last night and it seems to work well.

Also they have a built in Shortcuts app now which allows you to automate things and actions in combination with NFC tags :slight_smile: this vid gives you a quick demo of that.

1 Like

So I’ve just ordered the Ultimate Kit.
I’m thinking about ordering this device in order to test the transfer of my work badge to a T5577 card first: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07YZ4NQ35/ref=sr_1_16?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=hid+rfid&qid=1570791425&sr=8-16
do you guys think this would be good? Unfortunately I live in Switzerland and during my research I’ve found nobody with a Proxmark device here.

One last thing that’s worrying me. I’ve got a pretty thin hand, comparable to a female hand. Is that a problem? Or would the implant just be a bit more visible?

There is a ton of discussion about this cloner. search the forums for “blue cloner”

TL;DR is if you aren’t super careful and know what you are doing, it’s easy to brick your xEM.

Read this

And know all blue cloners are not created equal. Quality varies quite a bit and most of them won’t clone HID cards.

You are better off with a Proxmark3 RDV4 and ProxLF antenna

2 Likes

I’ve already read that. The Proxmark3 is quite expensive so I was just wondering if I could use a blue cloner and try my best first. If it’d brick the xEM I could still get a Proxmark3 afterwards and remove the password from the xEM, right?

Not necessarily, iirc when it gets bricked, there’s a chance it’s due to the data being corrupted while it’s being cloned, which makes it permanently bricked, not just locked. You can usually find a proxmark3 rdv4 on eBay for $35-70, so it’s not too expensive, though it can be a hassle to get up and running. Personally, I have used both the Proxmark and the blue cloner, and I’ve had luck with both. With the blue cloner, I had to take off the plastic front of it so I could pull out the copper coil and put it against my skin, which made it far easier to read/write than otherwise. However, the performance is obviously not as good as the Proxmark.

I can’t really find any used proxmark devices. In fact I can only find them new for a price of around 300 Euros.

@amal could you confirm if this would work or if it would infact brick it permanently:
“The Proxmark3 is quite expensive so I was just wondering if I could use a blue cloner and try my best first. If it’d brick the xEM I could still get a Proxmark3 afterwards and remove the password from the xEM, right?”

ebryer is right, if you have poor coupling with the blue cloners it can create tearing in the data which can permanently brick your implant.

They also often add a password when they do work, which sucks but can usually be overcome by looking it up or sniffing the output of the cloner with a proxmark.

The real Proxmark 3 is $250 and up. It looks like there’s a bunch of “Proxmark Easy” boards on eBay in the US for ~$80. Not sure what the difference is.

Without a doubt, the Promarx is cost prohibitive in comparison to the blue cloner. Is there really nothing in between?

Small correction… if you have a poor coupling with ANY device attempting to write… the blue cloners are getting the bad rep here because they have a shitty antenna and questionable data timing on their crap bitbanged 8bit uProc approach, but even a proxmark3 with a shit coupling could tear a T5577.

Cheap parts basically… this shows up the most with antennas unfortunately… large tolerance caps coupled to inductors of wide variances means you could end up with an antenna that is badly tuned, but still works fine with cards and keyfobs… just really not great with cylindrical antenna devices like x-series implants.

For the most part if you hold the antenna trace / coil of the pmeasy so it crosses the implant perpendicularly it should be ok though.

1 Like

Hopefully my last question:
I’ve looked around for those Proxmark “clones” I’m currently deciding between buying one of those or a blue cloner. What do you guys think?

IMO, anything proxmark based is going to be superior as you have complete control over the commands and data being sent to your device. It gives you more options. While a true proxmark V3 is always the best option, Blue cloners are almost always the worst.

1 Like

I have a question regarding the NExT. I have not seen the answer here, Can I code both HF and LF to the implant ? I mean , programming them to the NExT so I can use the LF for one application ( start my car ). and the HF to open my apartment.

Sorta kinda on the correct track buddy.

The LF you can change the UID to match and access system or start your car, but you can also just enroll it into those systems if you have access to do so.
The bonus of the LF is the T5577 chip which can be changed to emulate many different modes (types), eg, EM, HID, Indala etc

The HF, you can enrol into compatible systems, and that compatibility depends on the actual systems and what it is looking for.
You cannot however change the UID OR the “mode” of the HF.
The HF Chip in the NExT is the NTAG216, so if that is compatible with the system you can “simply” enrol it, OR since the NTAG216 uses ISO14443A, if the system uses that, and is “looking” for a 7byte UID. Then you are golden.

The HF can also be written to with NDEF via NFC ( On your phone )

All in all the NExT is an awesome multipurpose implant.

Does that all make sense.
Just ask if you need more info.

Also, just as a hint, often the product description on the webpage holds A LOT of info,

But I know, sometimes when you are new to it, it can be a little overwhelming…
That’s why this Wiki exists ( Which I should give a little update )

thanks mate , you are def amazingly helpful.

I’ve ordered it . now that I am successfully past my " phase 1". cloning mifare classic and mifare ultralight with my proxmark3. phase 2. is hardware mode. !

1 Like

Nice one buddy.
The NExT is a great first implant and jumping in point.

There is plenty of information for the Mifare Classic as it has been around for so long.

I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help with the Ultralight, I really must get myself a FlexMN.
As an implant, this has only been around for a relatively short period of time, and people are still working their way through its inner workings.

Some info in here

and video guide here that you should get something out of

Exciteeeed :star_struck:

2 Likes