First round of chips for work access

Oi this looks completely fresh! Did you post about this elsewhere…? Any notes?

Nope and nope. Installed Wednesday install went badly but that was not related to anything other than family issues (child injured self while i was installing so yeah). Install was good and even being a v2 holding hand 20-30mm from microwave (near magnatron) and I can feel it vibrate thats amazing.

I have a NExT I copied my work access card to (HID), and I can confirm it has a significantly lower read success than the actual card does. In fact I have identified a few readers I don’t even bother with trying now, because it’s just not going to work. I think it’s a hair deeper than it should be, but the point is I have no issues with my card, and I have regular issues with the NExT.

So, from the picture it looks like it is resting right above your fingerbone. I assume the install went without issue, as you can easily tent the skin there. Did you have any sevond thoughts about this placement? Were you concerned about accidentally hitting it on something? I smack things with my hands quite a lot so I would never put it there, but to each his own. It’s quite an uncommon placement, is all :sweat_smile:
Edit: also, would you mind if it was added to the implant sutra? (IDK if I can edit that @Pilgrimsmaster)

Yep it’s uncommon. I did think about it the thing is I’m a right so it’s in my left like the rest of them.

Tenting was pretty easy and I’m not too worried. Tbh I don’t hit that area so I’m not worried about that so fingers crossed.

Carry on no problem adding it. I would add a cavat that you need to go careful with needle length as to not bottom out on the knuckle while installing I.e. you can get it deep enough.

I’ll just check with @amal
Purely because it is still not reccomended location. but then again, neither is a penis which is in the implant sutra.

If done, it should be done by a pro or somebody with adequate anatomy knowledge (Dev).
Could cause nerve damage if done incorrectly.
@Devilclarke has a little more meat :meat_on_bone: on his sausages :wave:
We pobably shouldn’t be reccomending or promoting it as a location.

But the flipside to all that is, We should provide the information IF people are going to do it anyway…
It is an actual location that has been installed.

Let me think on it and at least wait until I am back at a computer

If I add it, I may ask if I can get some more information and imagery to better document it.
Including a note that you can still cross your fingers

sorry to steal the spotlight but i called dibs and fistbump the fuck out of my college reader with my xm1 in this supposed position 7 and 9

1 Like

Both me and @Equipter can give you pictures. Was there idea originally I was really really careful the main thing is no angles it got to be straight and yes wouldn’t advise fore people with small hands.

I can still make a fist, cross my fingers all that.

1 Like

Loving the discussion, I actually tried go test the readers, it works about 3" out with the card. I think I wasn’t coming at it straight on before.

I was thinking of riding side saddle, I can be a clumbsy mechanic at times and I figure inside will be safer.

Here is one of the readers:

The reader is a Stanley PAC Oneprox GS3 MT Standard (LF/HF).
Datasheet: 41550639.pdf (469.6 KB)
Manual: https://usermanual.wiki/PAC/GS3MTS
It could also be the Stanley PAC Oneprox GS3 LF Standard, hard to tell from the pictures (they use the exactly same housing).

Does it beep if you introduce a card to the reader? Can you scan your card using a phone (using the NXP TagInfo app) and post it here (please censor the NUID/UID)? If not, do you have access to a Proxmark?

Looking at the datasheet, I am hoping that your card is a HF Mifare Classic 1k (if it’s a Desfire you are SOL). It could also be one of the LF formats. Easiest way to tell is to use the aforementioned NXP Taginfo app.

If it is a Mifare Classic 1k, you could use the xM1 or the flexM1 (I would go with gen2 since it is possible that the reader checks for magic commands).

1 Like

Thanks for the help, the reader does beep when it accepts the card.

The NXP app doesn’t react to the card.

That’s a good sign that it’s probably LF. This is good news for cloning.

The next step would probably be to gain access to a Proxmark (Easy is fine) and check if the chip in the card is compatible with an implant.

Since the LF side in the datasheet appears to use some funky formats, I would also advise you to check if the system uses an incremental counter by scanning your card with the Proxmark, using it on the reader at work and then scanning it again - if anything changes on the card, there is probably a counter, which makes your life a bit harder (in that case you can only have one “card” exist at the same time).