Flex implant (walletmor) possibly rejecting?

I read that and thought “ok yeah I guess that’s possible” but then I thought about it more and I think honestly this only applies to magnets encapsulated in materials like silicone or parylene which have imperfections that promote rejection and / or biofouling. The xG3 and certainly the Titan should never result in this.

A properly closed and healed incision should mean the xG3 or Titan is “in for good” and should not grow out. The only other possibility I can think of is that they never seated properly and caused constant pressure / force over time which in turn caused partial or full tissue necrosis which opened a wound for the magnet to be pushed out of.

I guess my question at this point is - what types of magnets have you heard of that have grown out? Are they silicone coated?

1 Like

Yeah I guess I’ve only seen failed coatings reject. It was only a “I believe theoretically things can grow out”. I dont think it’s likely that a flex or titan rejects, but I doubt it’s impossible. I have definetely heard about silicone implants growing out, but that was more because of big sharp edges cutting blood flow off, but we’ve talked about that before somewhere…

2 Likes

I forgot this photo even existed and I remember now how cursed my hand looked for like 4 days straight XD

3 Likes

Glad to know that you’re still kickin’ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

tenor (1)

Seriously though, glad to see you back after a 2 month absence, hope you’re doing well.

2 Likes

mourning the loss of the implant, covid, finishing my diploma. busy busy busy.

3 Likes