flexClass (HID iClass) and the TSA

I have a flexClass (HID iClass) implant in my hand, and was wondering about airport security. I see the FAQ talks about metal detectors, but I’m wondering if anyone has experience with the millimeter wave scanners used by the TSA nowdays. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

In other words, you’ll be fine :classic_smile:

2 Likes

In the past 3 months I went through 6 different airports security (4 of them being American TSA) with my 19 implants that include xseries flexs & titan magnets, absolutely 0 issue with the mmw

2 Likes

Never been a problem :+1:

They are more worried about my crescent wrench and protein bars than my lockpicks, proxmark and raspberries …

1 Like

I actually just flew earlier this month (the reason I posted that so long ago) and went through the regular “just keep walking” style of scanner you picture when you think “airport security” and on my return trip I had to do the hands-over-your-head scanner and neither turned up any problems, for any of my xMagic, NExT, or Titan. I looked at the screen that the hands-over-your-head scanner shows the TSA guards and it just showed a green OK, no insight to what was actually under my clothes so as far as they know there’s no problems. Being pulled aside for an x-ray may yield different results though so I can’t say anything there.

1 Like

that is a classic metal detector… it’s attempting to monitor an eletromagnetic field for large variations that significantly sized lumps of metal would produce when walking through.

The only time I’ve ever seen an actual x-ray system used in a transit port is when then believe you swallowed drugs or other things in order to smuggle them. If you’re in that room, you aren’t boarding any planes that day.