flexDF hole in biopolymer layer

Hey there,

I’ve received my flexDF implant a few weeks ago and have organised to get it implanted next week but I’ve just noticed what looks to be a hole in the biopolymer layer encasing the chip.

I’m not sure if this is an actual hole in the protective layer or something underneath. If it is a hole I might cancel putting it in my hand next week.

Any help would be appreciated.

That is not actually a hole, but a spot where we used another biosafe resin to create a protective top over the smt capacitor on the board. This is a new tweak to the beta products. Because the biopoly that encapsulates the rest of the flexDF is not actually adhering to the flex PCB the resin looks like a “hole” as it’s clear in color while the surrounding biopoly looks lighter because of the space created.

If at install time the flexDF indeed proves to be compromised, we will of course ask you to ship it back and we will replace it free of charge.

Thanks for the replies amal. I’ll inspect a bit closer during the installation just to make sure otherwise I’ll film the procedure and upload it someone.

2 Likes