FlexEM install process?

I’d like to get a flex em but I’m not sure how the install process works. My Apex used a large needle, and I honestly thought their was a flex em in the same form factor, but I guess not.

Side question, is their any intention to move it to the same antenna design?

You’d definitely need someone who can wield a scalpel and suture you up after.

I’m always open to it but the LF antennas take many times more loops / turns than HF and it’s pretty ridiculous to try to get all the turns required into the space we’re talking about.

1 Like

That’s what I figured, big needle is just so easy!

3 Likes

I purchased the FlexEM a couple years ago, But never installed it myself because I was not experienced with a scalpel, Last week I spontaneously did the install… First I used the flex needle to get it started then widened the entry with a scalpel then separated the layers with a Pritchard and stuck the implant in, I thought the butterfly bandages would hold it closed but they didn’t, I regret not buying a suture kit off Amazon.
It’s healing well and I’m happy with the install.

1 Like

Butterflys work best when hemostats is achieved, and then you put tegaderm overtop to keep things together over a longer period of time.

2 Likes

So that’s exactly what I did, I think the failure was due to the weather being a hundred plus degrees and the adhesive just wasn’t able to stick to sweaty skin.

2 Likes

Yeah :frowning: