FlexKeyhole design (proposed)

No way you will get 2 flexEMs on one hand.

Thanks for your input :wink:

Is that a challenge?

1 Like

I should have worded it differently. Yeah they would fit. But I bet you would have problems getting a read.

It would definitely need testing before installing

If they were installed as per the photo above, rotating the wrist about the central axis, there would be around 30° difference when presenting flat to a reader

the other option could be to spin one around 180° with the FlexEM at the knuckle.

All theoretical at the moment.

I have 2 xems about that far, and if I didn’t have a 90° bend it might be problematic

That’s just asking for interference

Nope, I think it will come down to the reader, and then how you approach it.

I just did a test with my proxmark, and it was easy as to get separate reads consistently

The proxmark is a bit anemic though, a more powerful reader might light up both

I have to press my hand into the proxmark to get a read, and I get 2” with the xACv2

The Proxmark was all I had easily available.

I think the approach will be the key :wink: to it.

I will test it on an xAC tomorrow.

Put it this way, I am pretty confident it will work

1 Like

I’m sure we all found it very interesting as well!!

That was a great test! and well pointed out!!

And thanks for the quick reply! shame I fell asleep right before! :sweat_smile:

Exactly my point/case.

I agree with @Pilgrimsmaster here…
If you go straight into the reader you will obviously have interference…
But you could just approach from above the reader for the pinkie implant, or from bellow for the index one…

I just strapped 2 ntag cards to my hand, partially overlapping each other, and was pretty easy to get each one read individually.

That said, I would still aim that implant for my wrist anyway. :yum:

1 Like

I don’t either. I want a small grain-rice-sized implant that reads from 3 feet away. But it ain’t happening.

My point was, going from glassie to full size disc size yields considerable range improvements that make the inconvenience of implanting a large HF implant worth it. Going from glassie to narrow Flex barely is: it’s almost too much inconvenience for not much better performances, even if the inconvenience is fairly minimal.

If you tack a narrow Flex it to a half-size disc that requires more invasive pocket-making anyway, then it makes the whole affair completely pointless for the proposed performance improvements. At least for me anyway. To each his own :slight_smile:

I rly hope you are the only one not feeling a (significant) difference between wedge flexies and xseries.

There is a difference - a noticeable one too. I didn’t say HF wedge Flex devices were crap - far from it :slight_smile: I’m saying it’s almost too much trouble to implant it for what you get.

Also, bear in mind that I’m comparing it to an oversize IAR M1k glass implant. I don’t actually have a DT HF glassie, but from the discussions I’ve had with other forum dwellers, it seems the IAR implant has better performances than HF DT implants.

Exactly
Tested on an xAC, with Predictable, reliable and repeatable results. :trophy:
Worked perfectly

Fair enough

On a decent reader (ACR122U), the NFC nail LED :nail_care: lying inline/ parallel with the HF antenna is BRIGHT :bulb:

1 Like

And yet…

Eh?

Yeah, The camera doesn’t really show the difference very well.
It is a lot brighter

Standby, I’ll do a photo in lower light…

And a diffused view, With the LED down

1 Like

If you’re referring to the LED being red, not green, I think it depends on what driver is being used, on what OS. On my linux install with my current driver, it doesn’t light up at all, even when reading, and when I’ve switched the driver I’m using, I’ve had it stay red. On windows, it turns red when plugged in, and green when activated by software.

Apparently you can send the ACR122U commands to set the 2-color LED to whatever you want.

Boom, @darthdomo you nailed it
Yeah, I just plugged it in, No software running

The HF Chip is the SLIX ISO15693, so it won’t read on the ACR122U, I am using it just to light up the NFC Nail LED

1 Like

Ah yeah, forgot you mentioned it was an ISO15693 chip, that clarifies better than my answer.

2 Likes