flexNExT on hand healing process and info [regularly updated]

Yeah, I learned my lesson :sweat_smile:

It’s the pic, there is some leftover dry blood from the stitches holes that I don’t dare to scrub yet but the wound is definitely sealed. A bit stretched on the bottom part by the implant but it has not changed for days. Also it’s almost flat, no more crevasse. Here is a closup (the cream doesn’t help)

It definitely is on both sides even though the contrast on the pictures is making it worse.

Ooookay, that sounds good - dried blood is fine, it kinda seals the wound and keeps stuff from going in, at least for some days… by now, you should be able to take it away, maybe with some cotton buds when it is a little soaked (in the cream you use, for example^^). But in the second pic, it looks really much better :wink:

1 Like

It’s back to normal! Yay!

9 Likes

Man, that looks soooo good again! Swelling seems to be going down as well, suture looks really nice - looks like you’re hopefully through with problems that may arise :wink:

And it kinda looks like you could still get an IV access on your hand - not that I would recommend that, but still :smiley:

2 Likes

How are the LEDs now?

2 Likes

Red-purpleish, I will take a picture tomorrow :wink:

3 Likes

As promised (full daylight vs interior):

13 Likes

Holly shit
This thing is big
I would ask how you install the small flex implants, and if you feel them

With a needle, but a bigger one. Read through the product page of e.g. the flexDF2. There will be more info.

Damn this looks good.

1 Like

That looks awesome. What do you plan on using the FlexNExT for?

Does this tend to leave a scar or does it depend on the person and how the stitches are done?

This is hot shit! It’s looking great :slight_smile: those blinkies are amazing, so happy it spun back around. Now you just have to practice making the Predator’s clicking noise :wink:

2 Likes

It depends but should get less and less visible over time

You got the purple, right? does it look more purple in person?

the pictures make it look red still.

No, it look like in the picture, I think it will take some time :man_shrugging:

Yeah, mine are purple and still look red for sure.

1 Like

I really hope they turn a vibrant purple.

Does anyone have a picture with purple showing from under the skin? Is there potential that the red of your blood and skin will make it a deeper purple?

I do not know terms, but I know light passing through is normally red.
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-5a293f2ac41bb34216b567bcc145202e.webp

Edit: also I am slightly colorblind. I likely wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between dark purple and dark red anyways.

What you are looking for is the absorption spectrum of the skin here:

This one is for hemoglobin but it’s a good aproximation. And yes it should make it a little redish by absorbing the blue but there is not a lot of thickness above the led so not too much I believe

2 Likes

Maybe with a little smoke on the water…

5 Likes

I cleaned the dead skin off the wound today and it looks sweet :star_struck:

5 Likes