Flexnt instillation questions

I would like to purchase the flexnt but would like to get some more information first so if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Does the flexnt have to be installed within a certain period of time after purchase? because I don’t know how long it will take to find someone willing to implant it. Secondly would it be safe to install on the side of my dominant hand in the area between the pinky and wrist? lastly can anyone offer insight as to how day to day activities are affected if at all due to the flexnt?

thanks for your time.

Hi @nate

No as long as it stays sealed in the container it comes in (which has chlorhexidine solution) it will be fine.

Others have installed the flexNT into this area (knife edge of the hand) with mixed results… nobody has had rejection issues but there are tissue tension problems. The reality is that the flexNT is not actually that flexible… it’s not like a piece of paper, it’s more like a very thick business card or a weak plastic credit card.

I have my flexNT in my left forearm. I got in January and I got it installed in the middle of February - glad the bodymod (who did my magnet) had time for the flexNT.

You can’t see i, but you can feel it, when you touch it.

could the xnt tag be installed somewhere on top of but behind the wrist? I work at a furniture store and am unable to get too much time off like would be needed if I installed it in the hand like most do, are there any other places I could install it and still continue working without risk of damaging it?

Are you asking about the flexNT or xNT? The thread is about the flexNT but you mentioned the xNT. For the xNT, it can be installed basically anywhere there isn’t bone… ease of use will be your biggest issue then. As for the flexNT, installation near or over bone is no issue… but you will need to ensure the tissue at the installation site is suitable. You don’t want to create tension at the fexNT installation site.

Not to hijack the thread, but I also have install questions regarding the flexNT.
Would it be advisable to have it installed on the second segment of my middle finger? With a pair of calipers, it seems like it would fit between the knuckles (25mm), but there’s not much wiggle room. I ask because I wear rings on my right hand that would interfere with the tag should it be installed where it’s shown in the pictures.

Hi Adrian,

That’s a question best left up to you and your installer to decide. A physical examination of your finger would be required, and a half-way decent determination could only be made after that.

Of course, the finger is not the required location for the flexNT… it was only a location I chose. As far as install sites go, the fingers are difficult and risky compared to somewhere like the back of the hand. Is there a reason you want to install in the finger exactly?

Mostly ease of use (and the novelty of flipping off NFC readers), but back of the hand will probably end up being the eventual install site.

1 Like