FlexSecure polymer material?

I am SO excited to be a Java compatible device and also carry the AES algorithm inside my flesh :smile: I was curious – what is the exact polymer used for flex devices? If they’re different device to device, what’s encasing the flexSecure, please?

Thanks so much!

1 Like

It’s a biocompatible plastic known as DangerousResin. :unicorn_thumbs_up:

I think that it’s a proprietary material IIRC.

1 Like

The flex PCB is polyimide. The biopolymer is probably some combination of carbon hydrogen and oxygen

6 Likes

think that it’s a proprietary material IIRC

Ah interesting; that’s reasonable I suppose. Is there a material that could be said to be similar to it i.e. “it’s a custom formulation fairly similar to XXXXXX product”? Just curious to know more about the class of compound and others like it to know more about what’s going in my body.

The biopolymer is probably some combination of carbon hydrogen and oxygen

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

giphy

2 Likes

Look up information about ISO-10993 maybe you can learn more about the types of materials that would pass.

2 Likes

Just by feel it’s kinda like a nylon or pfte. It kinda feels like a more slippery version of HDPE (milk jug plastic)

Yep trade secret but i can say it passes USP Class IV and several ISO10993 tests. We did labs for Walletmor. I’ve updated the flex testing post to include the lab reports.

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Oh this is PERFECT; thanks so much! Exactly the kind of reassurance I was hoping for :smile: I’m a happy camper and all the more excited to get this into my arm. Really appreciate it.

4 Likes