Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

Yeah they did write up a pretty comprehensive update around that, and to me, it sounded pretty genuine; apparently they are even taking the hit $ on some shipping destinations

Excerpt

Shipping and Taxes

:moneybag: How the shipping cost is calculated? Why is it so expensive?

The shipping cost is based on the total order weight and the destination country. We did everything we could to make shipping as cheap as possible, but for some countries it can still be quite high due to COVID.

Initial shipping cost for some countries was more than $70, but we decided to limit it to $35 and pay the rest by ourselves. The list of destinations with shipping discount from us: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Faroe Islands, French Guiana, Georgia, Gibraltar, Guam, Guatemala, Holy See, Iceland, India, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Maldives, Martinique, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Réunion, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan.

:policeman: Can you lower the declared customs value? Can you mark the package as a gift?

We understand that lowering the customs value or marking the package as a gift may help you to avoid extra duties in some countries, but we can’t do that, because it’s illegal and violates insurance.

:flight_departure: Where do you ship from? Is there a local delivery?

Large batches will be shipped to USA, Canada, EU and Australia and then distributed to backers by local delivery.

Backers from other countries will get a direct delivery from our Hong Kong warehouse. We’re trying our best to offer local delivery for more countries and will notify you if anything changes.

:money_with_wings: Are there any extra duties to pay?

Backers from some regions like Canada, Australia, United Kingdom and EU will pay taxes directly in the pledge manager.

Other destinations will show zero taxes in the pledge manager, but it doesn’t mean it’s duty-free. You might end up paying local taxes upon
receiving your order depending on your local laws. For example, US and Russian customers are unlikely to face extra duties, due to $800 and €200 duty-free thresholds respectively.

Full link

I’m talking tax, not shipping, but yeah.

1 Like

Yeah, It was at the bottom

Just got this email:

Had to pay $10 to pre-order, to reserve one in the second batch for the price of $119 ($129 including the $10 pre-order price). Same as the kickstarter price. The original retail price is going to be $169. Decided to go ahead and do the pre-order, felt like I missed out on the original run. Excited for it, but sad that mine is so far away. Hopefully all of the bugs get fixed and the software will get ironed out in the meantime.

These orders will not be fulfilled until Fall of this year, though. They mentioned that they are filling all of the kickstarter backer’s orders first, as it should be.

EDIT: If anyone else wants to pre-order, here’s an easy link:

Even if it doesn’t end up working well with implants, I’m VERY into the radio functionality, hope that works well. The IR capabilities would be neat too, now that I don’t have a phone with an IR blaster (man I miss that feature).

5 Likes

Such an underrated feature. Had it a few phones ago, so fun. Got it on this phone as well - it also has a FLIR camera. Finding a good app with brands in use in Australia is hard though.

I paid my shipping fees for my Flipper Zero last week. Can’t wait.

I got the random email saying they were taking orders today… but I should wait for the flipper 1 right?

They’re different products with different -porpoises- :wink:

The Flipper One is gonna run Kali Linux, and is meant primarily for pentesting networks. AFAIK it doesn’t have most of the other functionality of the Zero, including the radio/ir/nfc/rfid stuff.

4 Likes

So zero is better than the one for us?

1 Like

Yeppers.

1 Like

:rofl:

I haven’t seen a good comparison table yet but here are the 2 links.
the :dolphin: One is obviously light on details at the moment

2 Likes

you have no idea how proud I was of that pun…

4 Likes

Got it! Thanks for that heads up!

1 Like

If it doesn’t work well with implants i’ll make it work well. If i don’t like the performance i’ll wind a custom coil and manually match it. I backed it so i’ll probably get my 2 flippers a bit earlier than you so i can test it like i test the locks at work.

1 Like

Well I did the pre order, maybe it’ll work maybe not, worth a shot for now

1 Like

Just a non specific update video

I seem to remember one of the developers being a DT customer and having specifically ensured the antenna was usable on implants.

1 Like

I think that was before they redesigned it to a printed pcb antenna

Souds well

You remember correctly
@koteeq
Anna Prosvetova

There is a video (conspiracy Joke) showing her using the antenna to read her HF implant (5g implant)
So I am pretty confident if it works on HF it SHOULD work on LF :crossed_fingers:

It is only on Twatter :bird: though :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

UPDATE #15

Some interesting updates, nothing particularly US orientated