Hey Dangerous Friends,
I just got my xG3 in the mail, and I’m trying to figure out where to put it. I can’t safely take it out of the injector to hold it up to my hand, so I SLS printed a tiny kit that has 1:1 models of the xEM, xNT, Vivokey Spark, flexDF, and xG3. I can mail you one of these for free if you like.
- Thanks to minimum order quantities, it cost exactly the same to print 77 of these as it would to print 1. I have 76 extras - just DM me your address and I’d be delighted to mail you a few. If you find it useful, you can send a few bucks to the ACLU in lieu of payment.
- It comes all in one piece, and you can easily separate it with an X-Acto knife. Just be careful, the flexDF part is… flexible.
- I’ve found these are accurate to within 0.1mm, but measure yourself to be sure.
- The DT website lists the xG3 as 3mm x 15mm, but the physical packaging says 3mm x 13mm. I printed at 15mm to be conservative.
- The material is fairly porous and might get dirty if you handle it a lot. I’ve given it a quick protective clear coat, but don’t be surprised if it ends up a bit grimy.
Hope y’all find this useful! Will report back once I’m magnetic.