General Inspiration and can I clone a Mifare Classic 1k to an xSIID?

Hi All!

I have a few technical questions but mostly I’m looking for some inspiration for projects/usage.

Over the course of a few years I would start researching which chips I wanted, add them to my cart, and promptly get overwhelmed that I was making the wrong choice and never order. A few months ago I decided to shoot first and ask questions later and had an xSIID, xDF2 and HF xLED implanted.

Right now my xSIID unlocks my computer with the KBR1 and pulls up my github account when scanned…well it did for 45 mins before I changed it to a gif of a dancing frog lol.

The immediate use case I want to get working on is cloning my Makerspace’s keycard. A HF scan on my proxmark outputs the following:

[=] hf search
[|] Searching for ISO14443-A tag...
[+]  UID: 60 EA FB 43
[+] ATQA: 00 04
[+]  SAK: 08 [2]
[+] Possible types:
[+]    MIFARE Classic 1K
[=] proprietary non iso14443-4 card found, RATS not supported
[+] Prng detection: weak
[#] Auth error

So question #1 is, am I going to be able to clone a classic 1k with either of my chips?

This post seems to rule out the xDF2, but I’m not quite sure about the xSIID.

I’m fully down to get a dedicated flexM1 for this key card, but could I also clone the card and store my password manager password on it and make something like @Zwack 's improved keyboard wedge?

Ideally I could do both of these with one/both of the chips I already have, but I’m also itching for any excuse to put some more shit in my hands. I work from home in Brooklyn so I can easily take an hour lunch to bike to Williamsburg, get an implant, and bike home lol.

Any fun ideas for what do do with my chips outside of this? Or other chips to look into? I’m a software engineer who works on web stuff, but I’m trying to learn more low level/hardware coding.

I’m psyched to finally be getting more involved with the community!

frogdor

1 Like

You’re going to need an xM1 or flexM1 for that. Check out Chip cloning 101 - Dangerous Things for some videos.

1 Like

Thats what I was thinking, those videos are fantastic. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Ribonate the countryside. Ribonate the peasants. Ribonate all the people… who live in thatched roof cottages!!!

1 Like

hahahaha I think this is the first time someone has known what I’m going for with my username. I need to throw a beefy arm on my profile image…for good measure

1 Like

Don’t be surprised, if anybody was going to get it, it was going to be Amal.

He found this little beauty for us 18 months ago, and I wasted more time playing it than I should have… welcome to the online playable game of TROGDOR

1 Like

The current improved keyboard wedge doesn’t work too well afaik with x-series. I am currently planning on reimplementing it with a PN532 replacing the RC522. I am awaiting the delivery of the PN532.

But if your MiFare has enough blank space on it for your password (I am guessing it is probably only using the UID anyway) then you would be able to store your password on there too.

1 Like

I just ordered a flexM1 a few hours ago, so I think I’ll end up cloning my Makerspace key to that and adding my password for use with your keyboard wedge design. Definitely let me know if you could use someone to help you test with an xSIID or xDF2! I’ll be keeping an eye on your thread for developments!

Nice one, Did you get a gen1a or gen2?

I went for the 1a, I’m not too worried about being able to write from a phone and I’m early enough in my learning curve that my bricking days are not behind me lol

If you already have a trinket (you could move it to another Arduino if need be, but the USB support is nice) and an rc522 you can test now… I don’t have any implants, but the rc522 doesn’t seem capable of lighting an X Field Detector.

From what little I know a flex should be easier to couple with the rc522.