Got NeXT 3 weeks ago, LF is dead. Options?

can you actually feel the implant? If so, that makes life a little easier.
I have found the best way to get a read off the LF antenna, is to press the antenna quite firmly perpendicular over the implant, hold still and send your command and move incrementally slowly and sending your next command until it works.

These commands can help with that also

1 Like

Not really. That has me worried. I had the apex installed at the same time and that was the one I was worried about given needle size. I wasnā€™t worried re the next because my installer had successfully done a few before with no trouble. Plus I was drinking as a form of pre pain relief so wasnā€™t really paying attention to the next stabbing. I am worried it went a bit too deep on the LF end.

I have been pushing the PM3 into my hand pretty hard and over where the LF end should be. What worries me is the voltage drop appears to be there but no read??

Anyway, I will give it another week. It may be because it is my dominant hand and does get bumped around a bit.

Apologies on the lateness of the reply. A transformer down the road from me blew and I lost power. So I just went to sleep.

Iā€™m not 100% on what mode. I believe PSK

Correct. I even had the door guy at work scan my hand and everything popped up with my info.

I am. Iā€™m also taking care that my skin is not making contact to the little posts with the chevrons next to them.

Iā€™ll see what I can do, this requires that I have friends.

If your door guy could read / enroll it, there is a good chance it is EM41XX which is what it comes in by default from DT.
Unless the door guy wrote to it, it may have changed, but it doesnā€™t sound like it was written to.
:thinking: actually a already asked earlierā€¦Indala

Either way, we know it can be read, so thatā€™s good, at least itā€™s working.
Now we just need to refine your ability to read/write with the equipment you have.

Can you read your work card with the Flipper?

When you get a read, it would be a good idea to save it And confirm it is indeed Indala.

Iā€™ve noticed the :flipper: lights flash a different colour when it ā€œseesā€ a card in range, so if you get that, you are probably close to where you need to be
Blue when reading, green when it gets a sniff and solid green when it gets a read.

Yeah. Iā€™ve also saved and successfully emulated it with the flipper.

Both the FZ and PM3 says its an Indala card.

I noticed that. Figured it was my eyes playing tricks with a rapidly flashing LED so I wasnā€™t sure.

Well, this thread has been well and truly hijacked, and I never did get an answer about my particular situation.

@amal - any words of wisdom for me? Given the number of issues, is it possible that the folks at DefCon got a bad batch? What recourse options exist?

1 Like

Sorry.

We are great at hijacking and derailing here, however, the answers given to others are also relevant to you and your situation.

• You have a great arsenal of tools at your disposal.
  • None of them are working
  • It has been over a month now

When was the last time you tried to read it?

With the Flipper, I have found I can read my NExT without moving between reads from HF to LF.
So can you scan ā€œNFCā€ and when you get a succesful read, hold it still and try a ā€œ125kHzā€ read

Let us know how that goes
:flipper:

1 Like

Itā€™s OK, st least Iā€™m not the only one with this problem - but if itā€™s truly dead - which it seems to be - I want to rectify that. I presume this means a replacement from DT, but since it was bought at DefCon Iā€™m not sure if they or someone else would need to replace it.

1 Like

I tried reading it about a week ago with the DT LF ā€œimplant antennaā€ on the PM3 RDV4. Nothing.

I can read the HF side with the Flipper - easy. Even with my phone. But the Flipper, without being moved, will not read the LF side. Hereā€™s a video.

1 Like

Stupid questionā€¦
But itā€™s about all Iā€™m good forā€¦.

You said this was installed at defcon, are you positive or have any verification that it was a NExT and not just a xNT?
(Assuming defcon had those on hand, and you didnā€™t BYOI)

Crazier things have happened :man_shrugging:t2:, and I can imagine DEFCON being chaotic

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I believe the next and the xNT injector are physically different so maybe if you have a video of the install? edit yep these are the 2 styles

ā€¦I think the url link says which is which also, assuming you havenā€™t reformatted it

3 Likes

You could get an x-ray or try to mesure the length of the implant with a ruler but the skin will probably get in the way of the second method. Maybe if you have another glassie to compare it to?

It was the bottom needle. No video of the insertion. And the LF side was active for a short time and was readable. It stopped being readable shortly afterward.

I had actually wanted a different model, but they specifically said that NeXT was all they had on site.

1 Like

It appears to be about 18mm long. I guess that squares with the 14mm stated above; I probably measured some skin on either side.

Ok well thatā€™s the nail in the coffin for my spit ball

I guess I didnā€™t see that :sweat_smile:, I thought it was NEVER reactive and wondered if maybe it wasnā€™t responding because it the wrong thing :man_shrugging:t2:

I know quite a few LFs have been resurrected by the prox gurus and even iceman himselfā€¦ so I wouldnā€™t quit until I have toā€¦ but itā€™s already over my head

I just have to try to rule out lower hanging fruit

3 Likes

It sounds like you know what you are doing and you have all the tools to do it; I think it may be time to drop an @Amal here.
He may have some other things for you to try.
but
Itā€™s probably also a good idea to get any documentation ready incase Amal asks for it.

What is your plan around replacement install if you get one?
Will you wait until you receive the new one before removing the old one?

The reason I ask is, when you remove the current one, it would be great to see if you can read it once it is removed? Amal may want it sent back for examination/ testing

1 Like

Is it possible the implant sat in the field of a wireless Qi charger for some period of time? I believe this can damage LF cards and implants.

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely a next as augmentation limitless only had NExT on hand. If the LF side was working and then stopped, the question I have nagging at me is if you were attempting any kind of write with the flipper or proxmark3 or any other device when it stopped working?

I wondered the same after seeing this

it would explain why the flipper would not see it but the proxmark still should have with the lf t5 detect

While I think about it another question with the DT LF if antenna

generally xSeries are read perpendicular to an antenna, especially on the Proxmark antennas, HOWEVER with the DT LF antenna on the RDV4, is an exception to the rule, this is better read parallel.
Is that what you meant?

1 Like

No. I cloned a HID Prox card to it, and was successfully able to activate a reader with it once. Next time I tried (days later), nothing. At that point, I couldnā€™t read it with anything.

1 Like