Harassment for being a cyborg?

I was not harassed, nor would I call them a fanatic, but the other day at a check out I paid with my payment implant.

I got the comment,

"Oh, so it is ACTUALLY happening :interrobang: "

For clarity, New Zealand is not a particularly religious country
in fact:-

New Zealand’s 2001 census. New Zealand had the highest per capita population of reported Jedi in the world that year, with 1.5% marking “Jedi” as their religion.
and No religion (48.5%), so that is half of the country accounted for.

However the checkout operator was Filipino, so I was not surprised, because, if you weren’t aware, in the Philippines, 99% follow a religion of some kind, 90% of which is Christian based.(80% Roman Catholic)

The rest of the conversation went thusly:

Me with a puzzled look :face_with_raised_eyebrow: but knowing full well what was coming :smirk:
“The bible says that the people will receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads”

Right hand :raised_hand: :white_check_mark:

I said “Oh that is interesting”

“and you can pay with it…”

I said “Yes I can, itis quite useful” again knowing what was implied

paraphrasing here,
“Revelation says…blah blah blah, head …hand, and it will come blah blah, and with the plague of covid, it really is happening

I said whilst smiling “Oh, I’m surprised they knew about microchips 2,000 years ago”

received a slight head tilt

tilt

I said “I have a couple more, that do [blah, blah & blah]”

Sounding actually a little interested (tempted) “How much do they cost?”

I told him the prices

“can you take them out?”

I said “Yeah, easy, just a little knick with a scalpel and push here” Causing My NExT to protrude

He took a step back in “disgust” / fear?
disgust

I said “So not for you then!?” :smirk:

“ooohh No!” But he was smiling

I said “Oh well, Have a good day” :wave: and of I trotted with juice in hand paid for by the devils mark

Thus endith the story of the devils payment :smiling_imp: :credit_card: 2020 CE

9 Likes