Help buying the right HID iclass DP copier/cloner

pic

if you have already copied a card with this logo on the card please let me know which product is compatible .

2 Likes

Following

3 Likes

The Proxmark is awesome, and it’s not too difficult to get set up and cloning. Windows has a few more steps than Linux to set up, but the commands are more user friendly than I thought.

4 Likes

Hi! All I need is 10 wedge badge readers in Raspberry Pi 4/5 for HID iCLASS DP cards to keep track of who used which machine in a shop. No cloning needed. What product would you recommend for that, please. Is the Proxmark3 Easy a good solution for it? Thank you for your time.

I wouldn’t suggest this as a solution, at least not an easy one.

Just to clarify
You already have the reader Software installed on a Raspberry Pi And you just want 10 card readers that “talk” to your Pi?

For the Raspberry Pi, I think the PN532 is the most common NFC reader, but i’m not sure if these can be run as multiple readers.

I assume since you are asking for HID iCLASS DP you are already using these for your workplace, so you would like to use the currently issued cards for the Machine usage!?
Do I have that correct?

If I am correct with you already having HID iCLASS DP in use, I would guess these go back to an access control system. If this is the case, could you simply get some more readers that you use on the door? Rather than this opening a door, it would simply “check in” at a machine as this would be recorded on the control system, and the reader name would be provisioned with the machine name…make sense?

Outside of these options, my first thought was a Time Clock type of setup

Maybe something like this

Other people may have other ideas…

Just some thoughts to get this rolling…

Hi!, Thank you for your time.
We already have everything setup with HMI’s in RPi, with our SCADA system collecting data and allowing users to log in using touchscreens.
All the users have an HID iCLASS DP card to get into the building, and yes, we want to use those cards.
We already use the USB badge readers RDR-80031 by rfIDEAS, but we can only get one or two at a time and we are adding many rather quickly. My project involves installing 10 ASAP.
We are looking for USB plug-and-play readers, wedge mode would be ideal to avoid driver installation similar to those rfIDEAS readers, but some configuration should be ok.
I am hunting for new ideas about how to solve this situation,
Thank you again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are just dumb UID USB readers so I doubt they will do what you wan’t.
Have you had a look at HID products, The desktop readers would probably be the best category to start