I’m back and forth and all over about where to put the flex

Top of hand L4?
Knife edge L5
Center of under wrist?

I don’t know the dos and donts of flex implant loctstions quite as well

I want somewhere with a natural presentation

But all the various reactions the flexnexts are
Causing makes me second guess

Additionally, has the xg3 ever migrated due to magnetic attraction to other implants? Or pulled others closer?

flexNExT’s are quite different to standard wedge flex implants - mainly due to antenna / chip design. The exception to this is the flexNT, I believe that also uses a similar antenna type / attachment. If this is the
Purewrist conversion, then afaik it uses a copper wire antenna and soldered connections.

Hope this helps!

So far, I think it’s good!

Only one usability conflict:
L4 (LF) and wrist (LF)
Depending on the reader placement & power and how you reach for it, you might get one read before the other… (which might not be an issue at all)

The wrist ones might be placed a bit further away from the wrist itself, to get less twisty, maybe

Yeah, I think that 90⁰ will really help

Lost me, care to explain?

Implant on top
Implant on side
:triangular_ruler:
Separated by 90⁰

Ahh I was thinking you were saying I should rotate one by 90 in the other orientation

The top wrist 0 next and the L4 xem have no issues with each other if those are the chips you’re worried about @Eyeux

The W0 next honestly has a pretty small read range, guessing it’s a bit deeper, works fine for my gunsafe with a XAC but other readers it’s lacking

The L4 XEM has killer range, I get about 2” with my XAC

Only 2 questions I keep circling on are

Are the bottom of the wrist locations safe and smart? (or should I put them elsewhere?)

How much is too much for one session?
I’m worried that L1/2/3 at the same time might let all the swelling and fluids blend together and give things a chance to migrate
I have no idea if that’s a thing or not

Fwiw I do plan to be pretty proactive about inflammation, wrap, ice, elevate, anti inflammatory meds…
I’d rather get it all over with at once but I don’t wanna set myself up for failure if it’s unwise

I meant the L4 and then the only red marker on the second photo.
I can see your L4 passing through the reader before your wrist one will reach it. as you move your hand to be scanned.

Not that this is an issue per se… depends a lot on your use case.

Well… safe? those are indeed Dangerous Things. =P

I haven’t seen capsules in these places before, so I can only extrapolate risks in my mind:

• there is a slight risk of the chips migrating deeper given the space between skin and muscle… this might lead to higher risk of migration.

• there is too high a “moving-parts to bedding” ratio, and depending a lot on your anatomy, the chips might either cause a slight discomfort or get pushed (migrate) into another nearby position. low chance, though.

• There are far too many times we bump those places and don’t even realise (mostly the spot away from the thumb). The biggest villains here being: hard edge of your desk, near your keyboard (I imagine your wrist gets rubbed against it many times), or your pockets stitching, especially if you wear much denin, or a belt…

Despite that, those positions seem smart to me. As long as you bear in mind they are rather experimental places, so unexpected might occur.

Perhaps sliding those positions a bit further up the arm, not much, might be enough to mitigate some of those issues, though.

1 Like

Ahh I see your concern now,
I don’t think I’m worried about that for a couple reasons

I present L4 to the reader like a hammer fist

The under wrist, my arm would be rotated 90 degrees like previously mentioned, and possibly pulled across the reader from elbow to wrist direction

Also, one of the reasons I need / want more LF in me,is it seems like nobody wants to use the same credential system in my life, one is prox, one is em, one is I’m pretty sure Indalla so not like the reader will really mix things up

Makes perfect sense!
Also with different systems!

Just thought of tossing the thoughts in! ^^

But looks like you’re reaching your Tetris goal then?
Or still waiting for that one LinePiece? :sweat_smile:

Warning: deraily vid:

1 Like

Well I got my shipment, minus the payment flex that still needs to be received, tested, and sent for conversion and then received again

I’m back to second guessing a few locations

I’m pretty happy with
Xm1 L1
Xem L2
Xg3 L arm

Really tempted to put the xNT in L3

But then I need to find a new home for the payment

Also L11 seems interesting for the spark

But that leaves payment and a next

Thoughts?

Either more in the wrist or consider other hand / arm?

But where in the wrist?

I kinda like the lower spots I pointed out, but I’m concerned about it being too close to arm bones

Further up toward elbow?

@Vicarious can you give some input and insight into your newly designed position 11?

Thinking maybe a next there, with a Xsiid in position 0, should be a decent amount of space in between

How does 11 feel? Have you banged it on anything ?

2 Likes

I know I’m just spamming my own thread at this point, but I’m just going round and round and round in my head

What about the xNT in L5 true knife edge?
Is this ok or terrible?

If there’s nothing else HF nearby (i.e. L4), it could work… what do you want to use it for?

The XNT would be any Hf badge readers I’d run into
(Not a lot but a convenient presentation location)

I just worry about leaning on it and pressing it into bones, but luckily I have a bit more flesh and less bone in that region

And the L4 is LF only so it follows an alternating frequency pattern across my hand nicely

1 Like

Is knife edge of your hand good for flex installs?

I hear a lot of people “Saving” this spot for an apex,

But seems like there would be a lot of flex on the implant, is the less of a concern with regular flex than the flexnext?

@Pilgrimsmaster
You’ve said you plan to use this spot a few times I think for a flex… any input that validates it as a flex location?

Flex implants are made to be flexed, the flexNExT was not a typical flex.
Knife edge for Apex Flex 100%