HID 125khz badge that doesn't respond to 125khz?

Hey I’m new to this, and still trying to understand all the ins and outs, I’ve got a 125khz HID ProxCard II, I know it’s a 125khz system because I got a bright green LF light on the RFID Diagnostic card (I think the reader actually burnt the led out, once I got home I couldn’t get anything to light up LF only HF). But if I take that HID card and put it on a blue cloner, generic 125khz usb reader, none of it reports finding a card or reacts at all. It’s only when I use the White Multifreq Chinese scanner it will read it, but instead of saying “ID-125KHz” it says “HID-125KHz”. I do have a Proxmark on the way, but while I wait I was curious if someone to point me to some documentation about what’s going on. I didn’t think 125khz had a challenge-response system like the HF do.

There are “crapier” blue cloners that only do EM cards. Your’s might not do HID cards.

Like this one specifically states it does not do HID cards.

So the white cloner is telling you that you scanned an HID card. So the xEM needs to be put in HID mode and then cloned. A cloner will do this automatically based on what kind of card the source card was. When the xEM in HID mode, it will not respond if it is presented to an EM reader and vice versa.

It should be noted that you should absolutely read this FAQ before you attempt to clone your xEM.

I have read that, you’re right I must have ended up with a blue cloner that wasn’t HID compatible. I wasn’t planning on using it for my xEM, but just playing with tags I have lying around. Without my proxmark it’s hard to tell what kind of tags are what. I think that tags I have on hand are just EM4100 and not T5577. Hence my confusion when I couldn’t clone HID on them. I’ve been trying to find some kind of chart that lists chips and what they do (in terms of writable sectors, bit length, ect) but haven’t found one yet. Either way http://www.priority1design.com.au has been a good resource to understand the page and block use of different chips.

hello
i’m new in this sector… please anyone can tell me difference aboaut ID and HID cards?
and also how i can program card or chip with two different codes?.. for access with some chip in two different doors?
thanks in advance

Sorry mate your question is worded slightly strangely so not 100% on what you mean but I’ll give it a crack:

A HID badge //normally// has a HID logo on it or a serial number in one of the corners (sometimes the back) of the card.

By ID badge I assume they’re talking about “identification badge” and not actually a specific type of badge. (A HID badge is a type of ID badge)

It sounds like you don’t have an implant and just want to program two different access systems onto the same card. This isn’t normally how it works, Normally you register the ID of the chip with the access control system, the access control system sees the chip ID and if it’s on the approved list it lets through the user. You would need to find a chip which is compatible with both systems (might be impossible) and register the same card on both of them.

Hope this helps!

hi JamesW
thanks for your aswer … i sensed that HID is a type of ID badge … but dont undesteand why programmer see like differents and if set like ID 125 khz dont program HID 125 khz

about chip for use to two doors i have it praved condominium boss of building where live my grandmother … this chip work in my door and in door of my grandmother building i can clone it … but i dont undesteand how i can duplicate … it is a normal keyfob rfid 125 khz … if i read chip of my door it have follow code “4227252” chip of grandomother door is “8910341” and chip the work with both is 4229429 … but i dont undesteand how i can make it …

I used the same 10 Frequency Scanner you referred to for copying my entrance badge to my xEM. It will work just fine by reading the card you want to copy, aligning it to your implant, then hitting write. To get the right sweet spot for it you’ll want to remove the elastic on the back, and center your implant with the top line of where the card would normally sit, dead center in the middle of the device, with the tag running parallel to the sides. The only problem with using this Multi-Frequency scanner is that it’s been reported to add a password to the chip so that any time you want to re-write to your xEM you have to use that same style scanner, or input it via software.

I know this thread is a bit old, but if anyone finds this looking for info on cloners and the xEM, you should definitely refer to TomHarkness’ incredible thread for info about all the different 125khz cloners here :

2 Likes