HID iClass DL to Magic Ring v2?

Hello!
Does anyone know if it would be possible to copy a “HID iClass DL” card to the Magic Ring V2?

From my research, I understand it’s impossible to copy the “HID iClass DP” to a Magic Mifare 1k, but I’ve also read that the DL version was older.

Unfortunately it’s not possible to clone any version of iClass legacy credentials to the Magic Rings

Could go with a flexclass though… :classic_tongue:

Actually, maybe I’m wrong

It may be possible if you’re trying to use with an older system which still accepts non-SIO mifare classic cards, though I don’t know for a fact that’s actually a thing.

If you have a PM3, you could use the hf mf encodehid command to write the wiegand to the ring and then give that a try. The way I see it, why have the command if it doesn’t work with some reader somewhere? All I can tell you is that it doesn’t work with the one reader I have to test on.

Hopefully one of the excellent people on this forum with more HID reader experience can comment on the plausibility of this soon

1 Like

Totally is a thing! Along the same lines of downgrading iclass SE/legacy → legacy / hidprox it’s just transmuting the wiegand into a format the reader could be expecting as mifare classic is a chipset HID readers can take, and if enabled allows for this vector of downgrade to work.

If @Geekea wants to test I would recommend getting a magic card to try it with first before getting the ring.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for your replies!
I have a pm3 so I will try and hope the reader accepts it.

1 Like