HID reader and xMagic questions

So a direct swap to a FlexM1 gen2 would be your best bet.
DT have no gen2 xSeries

Its unlikely (but still possible) that the reader could have an issue with a gen1a.
So a FlexM1 gen1a should also work.
Therefore xMagic COULD also work, however, the issue could just be the reader not being able to couple with the xMagic.

You may need to have a closer look at the reader and antenna placement.
Have you done orientation tests with the xFDs

The xMagic was only recently released, yours was installed 1 day ago…!!!

realistically, you need to wait around 2 weeks before getting accurate results and normal expected performance

I think omni is HF, because i tried with the DT card on the reader and the HF led is on.

:sob:

Equipters statement is correct and definately possible, but Swelling/inflamation is more likely your issue, so no need to cry.

Just wait 2 weeks, and try again, THEN if it doesnt work, feel free to cry :unicorn_crying:

I tried, and nothing happens… But with the DT card yes, in HF.

Yes, yesterday at Body R Evolution shop in France. Ok, I’ll wait and hope it will work :confused:

1 Like

So, Samsung phone are better than a HID reader ? They have better receivers ?

1 Like

That depends on a few things
The reader
The phone
The chip and its form factor

MY OPINION
Broad statement here, but I would say, Yes, phone is a “better” reader than a HID reader.
However, this is ONLY because the readers are made to operate with Full sized cards or worst case a key fob.
So they (HID and other wall readers) dont care how deep their antennas sit, so.long as they can read those form factors.
Whereas, your phone is made to be as a slim form factor, which means the NFC antenna is generally just below the surface.

The biggest difference between the 2, is the power output.
A phone can’t compete with a wall reader, but I would suggest, the odds are still in the phones favour, because there is still some power, and the antenna is simply closer.

this may be of interest

2 Likes

Little update of the day.
Today I managed to copy my official badge on the implant with the flipper zero :partying_face:
The enrollment reader works fine. My implant is read every time on it, and he recognizes my identity :grin:
Only the biggest problem remains, the HID R10 reader which cannot read my implant.

2 Likes

YET!!!

1 Like

Yep

There are a few versions of this reader and I’ve never had an easy time with them. You have to run your implant along the very side edges of the reader, and sometimes I had to take the blue cover off to get reads. It’s just not a good reader for implants.

Sorry I was misunderstanding… I thought this was an HID Prox system which is 125kHz low frequency… you can ignore the EM mode issue, that is the T5577 chip in the xMagic (125kHz) but you’re dealing with the mifare 1k side of things.

Hello @amal, I have my implant for two weeks now. The enrollment reader omnikey can read it perfectly, like it’s my official badge, but the R10 hid reader still doesn’t react at all. I have the vauban system with the visor software. Do you think you can help me make it work ? I’m happy to have it but sad that it doesn’t work.

1 Like

If one HID reader can see it, but the other doesn’t, it’s down to reader config. You’ll need to use readerman or a config card to change it.

1 Like

2 weeks is our arbritatry period of time we suggest, some people heal faster than others, some slower…
2 weeks IS a good and realistic time frame, but performance will still continue to get better for a period after

You may be having a physics problem

A quick “google” tells me this is what the internals of an R10 reader looks like

Can you try your xFD in the area of the antenna and see if it will light up, and if it does take note of the orientation and the duty cycle.

Then try your implant in the same orientation, and make sure when you when you move, do so very slowly.

Try perpendicular to the antenna, like any of these

A slow swipe across the face may also yeild results ( I have successfully used this techniquie myself on stubborn readers )

Can you get a spare reader, or are you able to remove the cover and get direct access to the antenna rather than trying to read through the plastic cover? ( at least for your testing)

No reader works. Just the enrolement reader work, but it’s not the same that all the installation.

Thanks for this information.

Blockquote
Can you get a spare reader, or are you able to remove the cover and get direct access to the antenna rather than trying to read through the plastic cover? ( at least for your testing)

I tried to position my hand in all directions but there is no detection… And I can’t access the reader’s antenna. It’s full of resin or something like that.

dg3

For information, the DT card tell me the reader is a HF. And it works even 6 or 7 cm from the reader.

dg1
dg2

I also have my official badge and implant information.

Official badge :

Implant :

You should’ve received an xFD with your chip purchase. It can be incredibly useful for finding the sweet spot on the reader, if there is one. Try holding it at varying distances, angles, and positions on a reader until you see it flash brightest. Then try to mimic the best position with your chip.

It could also be possible that the reader will not read the chip until it sees significant enough attenuation and the small chip simply isn’t enough to set it off.

I think with enough persistence though, you’ll be able to get it to work. Not with the same reader, but it took me at least a few weeks to get a good read with my xM1. Don’t give up, just keep trying! :grin:

3 Likes

Another thought on this, if it is indeed the issue. You can try to trick the reader into reading your chip by first presenting a Diagnostic Card and then your xMagic at the same time. This may make it think that it is reading a full-size card as it sees the attenuation it needs front the Diagnostic Card and the data from the xMagic.

1 Like

Hello, the implant still does not work but I found a difference between official badge and implant.

The flipper zero says :

Official badge :
Mifare classic 1K
UID : 13:d9:a8:b0
ATQA : 00 04 SAK : 08

Implant :
Mifare classic 1K
iso14443-3 (NFC-A)
UID : 13:d9:a8:b0
ATQA : 00 04 SAK : 88

Has you can see, SAK is different. Maybe you could help me with this ?

Thanks

oh cool! that’s this:

(be warned i am re-writing it so it’s less terrible)

you can change it by changing your block0 if you do “hf mf cgetblk —blk 0” on ur implant, copy and paste it into hf mf csetblk —blk 0 -d and change 88 to 08

1 Like

Hello, thanks for your reply. So, I can fix my problem ?! :slight_smile: It’s because of the different sak that the reader doesn’t react ?

I’m a noob… Where do i need to do what you say ? I need a proxmark3 ?