How did you discover these implants?

Just curious as to how everyone heard about DT or the implants in general. I personally learned about it from a video SparkFun Electronics made about them.
And of course I’m sure most of us have seen the BuzzFeed video.

My friend has had an xm1 for a while and he told me where he gt it from and i went n u t s

1 Like

I have yet to convince a friend to get an implant, one of my pep leaders has greatly considered it though.

I definitely avoid BuzzFeed like the plague :nauseated_face:

I first heard about implants from a video the Modern Rogue did on YouTube. The hosted someone from the Red Team Alliance who was chipped, and then later one of the Modern Rogue hosts (Jason Murphy) had a chip installed.

Absolutely blew my mind. I had no idea anything like that was even remotely possible. Funnily enough, the time between seeing that video and getting chipped myself was a whopping 4 weeks :laughing:

4 Likes

Ironically I am watching that video right now :laughing:

1 Like

I haven’t been able to convince a friend in the 7 months I’ve had one. I usually get a response that’s a mix of “that’s devil worship!” and “the government is tracking you!!”.

Come to think of it, maybe I should get new friends :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ve had mine for almost two years now and I get pretty similar responses. Many think it’s cool but just wouldn’t want one for themselves

There was actually a noticible upsurgance of activity on the forum just after that video.

and a few other times, where there is a little rush of new members pop up.

You can kind of tell when something implant related has happened out on the interwebs when those little spikes occur.

3 Likes

A body modder who does my work has a bunch and also does installs, so I went straight to the source. Had heard of RFID implants for years but didn’t realise how inexpensive and accessible they were and just jumped in :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to say following and watching deviant Ollam talks

He seemed knowledgeable but not crazy out there,
So it seemed relatively safe and I saw benefit from the idea so I researched it further

Also, I always enjoy getting into new tech and additionally enjoy breaking and challenging stereotypes and misconceptions so it all lined up for me

I also loose my keys and that sucks

4 Likes

I learned about DT when I got tired of hanging out in an another biohacking forum that’s completely dead and in which nothing happens, and I looked around to see if there was another, less dead forum out there to talk technical.

It didn’t took me long to find this here place and its vibrant community. And only then did I discover that the company behind it actually sold implants :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s really interesting that you found the forum first.

Magnets. I read an article, BUT, the m31 was off the market before I could. Research brought me info on rfid implants, but wasn’t interested until I found a use case last winter.

1 Like

I first found out about it all from that one Mythbusters episode many moons ago (S05E19), however I was 9 at the time so nothing much came of it.
It was the video from the Modern Rogue that resparked my interest.

2 Likes

Episode 18, 2007 series

Has it been that long ago?

1 Like

Same. I was researching PEN testing and became distracted by a shiny.

3 Likes

That’s the one!
It has indeed…

1 Like

The Thought Emporium
His magnet video got me here

5 Likes

I heard about chipping quite a long time ago, was about that club in Spain where people could pay for their drinks with an implant in their arm. Thought that was freaky, but didn’t interest me much.
Fast forward to 2020…
I was searching for more unusual bodymods, especially stuff that glows - first thing (also first implant I finally got) was the glow-in-the-dark silicone implant by Haworth, but I kept looking around. Stumbled across the northstar (still very interested), across the biohack.me-forums (sadly, not much going on there, but a lot of interesting and strange stuff to read), across Lepht Anonym and its video from some conference in Germany, and finally across this forum - on exactly the day the flexNExT was announced. I decided that was a stroke of destiny :wink:

1 Like

I had a few incidents leading to my memory going to shit. I started looking way back for an implantable password device. When I first found this place, there wasn’t nearly as much offered, so I just gave up on what I was looking for.

But to be fair, the Apex line or an “implantable yubikey” still doesn’t exist, so I use the UID as a password for stuff, and I have me passwords saved on a list on one of them.

1 Like