How did you discover these implants?

Yep, and done, thanks for the title link devil made things easier :+1:

I feel there will be a few of these in the near future

4 Likes

I had to do an assignment on school and they showed us a video of a dutch guy named Tom I believe. That got me interested in this.

2 Likes

This exact news story, I thought it was interesting that they got in trouble for putting their bus card on an implant. And found the concept of having one “just for funny photos” super my style.

I thought nothing more of it for a few years till I stumbled upon Lepht anonym and their crazy ideas and stories. Followed the rabbit hole down abit and realised I didn’t have to risk going septic to join in.

3 Likes

So I have a bit of an interesting story of how I discovered these implants.
A little backstory: I have always been into body mods (I have ear gauges, covered in tattoos and have several piercings). I’m also very into nerdy stuff like comics, manga, and I’m a huge Star Wars fan. I was recently going to Disney World in Florida and my kids and I decided we were going to build custom light sabers at Savi’s Workshop in the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge area in the Disney Hollywood Studios park. During the process of building the light sabers, you get to choose a custom kyber crystal that you install into the hilt of the light saber. The color of kyber crystal you choose decides what color your blade would be. They sell additional kyber crystals in the gift shop outside of the workshop so you can put a new crystal in that is a different color and it will change the color of the blade to match the cystal. I’ve always modded things like electronics, game consoles, and anything else that I can mod because I have a hard time leaving things as they were intended. So with this I knew there would be a way to have just one kyber crystal and be able to choose any color I wanted. After a little research I discovered that the kyber crystals had an RFID chip in them. After I bought an RFID chip reader/writer I was able to reprogram the chip to a different number and change the light saber color to anything I wanted. When the RFID chip reader/writer came in the mail, it was shipped with cards and key fobs that also had RFID chips in them. When I realized the cards look like the HID card that I use to scan into the gate to get into my job, I realized I could clone it on one of the cards that came in the box with the reader/writer. Then I started researching everything I could find on RFID technology, because I love tinkering with anything I can, and stumbled upon this site. I just self implanted the cyborg kit and I’m really excited to start using them. Just thought I’d share my story.

11 Likes

So you could basically open the gate to your job with your lightsaber? :star_struck:

3 Likes
3 Likes

The force is strong with this one.

Surely I’m not the only one feeling that one?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum
Awesome story, however you forgot to share the photos of your light sabre, which I think would also be a good addition to the project section

welcome-gif-tumblr

2 Likes
  1. welcome!
  2. I love this story because if I know I can do something without paying out the butt for the fancy “customer-facing” side of something I will. I do it with amiibos I want to use in-game but don’t like the statue of.
1 Like

Sorry that I didn’t give more details, I wasn’t sure if everyone would want that much information but I will add it now.

So this the the lightsaber with the switch or activator taken off:

Here is what it looks like with the krystal in the hilt. It has a small LED that lights up when you have it inserted correctly and shows up the color that the hilt will be.
And as you can see, with the purple krystal in it, the blade is purple.

1 Like

Here is what it looks like with the krystal in the hilt. It has a small LED that lights up when you have it inserted correctly and shows up the color that the hilt will be.

And as you can see, with the purple krystal in it, the blade is purple.

1 Like

Probably my friend Tom van Oudenaarden, piercer and owner of Piercing Studio Utrecht :slight_smile:

1 Like

I learned about the implants from a YouTube video put out by The Modern Rouges.

1 Like

Pretty much the same, but actually The Not So Civil Engineer had a video about his EDC which includes a DT RFID detector card.

I knew implants existed but hadn’t looked for them as I had no use case. I am waiting for the Apex and might consider a FlexMN or a FlexM1 and a FlexEM as well.

I first saw the Cody’s Lab magnet video, and then the old forum-I found out about DT when everyone was waiting for more m31’s, and this year heard that everyone’s over here now.

I want to say it was just a Google find while I was looking for implants.

1 Like

I live in a small town east Texas and my grandma decided to start sending me things about the covid vaccine on telegram after she was band from Facebook. She believed that the vaccine had a microchip in it which I thought was a bit crazy so I did some research on microchips to try to show her that the vaccine didn’t have a microchip. Then she started sending me stuff about microchips being the mark of the beast and all the fun government control stuff, and in my research I found Amal’s Ted talk and then my grandma sent me a schematic of the microchip used in the vaccine and I noticed that it was from an Instagram account which just so happened to be the dangerous things Instagram and then I bought two implants and then a hard time finding someone to install them.

But now she thinks the vaccine makes you magnetic so I went and got one and sadly I’m not magnetic and I didn’t get a third chip for free.

8 Likes

The claim that the vaccine contained microchips, in part, came from an RFP response where a company offered to sell the government batches of syringes with an RFID tag included. The RFID tag was to be used to track the batches of vaccine so that they could scan the syringe, and auto enter that into the patients record. Most healthcare organisations that I know of use barcodes instead because they can barcode the meds, barcode the patient, and scan all of the barcodes with the same device to track what was given to whom.

The one place I have seen health care systems use RFID (apart from some access control systems) is more of the inventory protection type of RFID which is used around maternity wards. Yes, they are more likely to track babies with RFID so that they aren’t taken from the ward.

I’ve been interested in implants for a couple years now. I don’t remember how I first heard about them, but people like @DeviantOllam and the Modern Rogue kept bringing implants to the forefront of my mind, and every time I heard about them I’d go “wow that’s cool. I want that”. Throughout that time I was learning more about rfid in general as well as doing more research on DT and their various implant options, and trying to psych myself up enough to be willing to have a giant needle stuck in me. Just under 2 months ago I decided to pull the trigger and order some implants. Two weeks ago I got my NExT, xG3 V2, and xM1 implanted!

1 Like