How to sanitize and reuse implant after failed injection

Yeah, and I edited to add as you replied.

1 Like

Before everyone starts blaming the installers I had this happen to me, the plunger was pushed the chip whent in but what happened was as pressure was applied it popped back out into the gauze it was only when the gauze was tossed onto the tray an there was a chink of glass hitting metal we knew what happened. The chip was still in the sterile field we swilled in clorahex and shoved it back in.

Can happen to anyone, they have done multiple implants and just occasionally you get issues.

7 Likes

I certainly hope you do, it’s a nice piece of hardware.

1 Like

This was their first and I appreciate the situation. They were very professional and clean. And depending on how they handle this situation is how I will proceed.

I guess my biggest question is can the chip be autoclaved? Or will it have adverse effects?

1 Like

Keep us in the loop, We would all be interested in hearing about the result.

Totally agree with this.
NExT is an awesome product

I think this is a great decision.

Yep, Just not the syringe, unless their autoclave has a plastics setting

Nope

Actually, here is the word from our sponsor!
Same principle, just different situation.

1 Like

Will do but nobody will be back in the shop till tomorrow so time will tell.

1 Like

Thanks all of you for the help. At least give me piece of mind but my hand still hurts lol.

1 Like

To quote @turbo2ltr
1490336900_crowd-popcorn

Haha, I am literally eating popcorn as I type this :popcorn:

1 Like

Wow, I agree it is both hilarious and horribly awful. I don’t know what went down here. Even inexperienced I did my own and I could watch and feel the implant going in and had toRemove the needle slowly so it would stay in place. I really hope you get it all figured out and that the next it is in the syringe, and all is good.

It’s actually not that unlikely of an event, sadly. With self installs, you have both ends of feedback (doing the injecting + feeling it go in). It’s a little less likely to not notice it go in. A piercer gets none of the actual feeling of it going in, and is likely focused on doing their job. As someone who has had professional installs done on them, I wasn’t really that focused on the feeling of it going in, because I didn’t have to be. When I had my 3 done, I was just staring ahead, and bracing for any pain. One of the reasons why I paid someone was so that I didn’t have to pay attention as the install was happening. I would have no idea from pure sensation if the implants themselves went in or not. Thankfully I was able to get a read on my implants immediately after injecting (through the bandage), but most aren’t that lucky, and I could easily see someone getting home without noticing.

I remember when I was originally considering doing a self install, it was common guidance to check the end of the injector, to make sure the implant didn’t remain in the injector assembly. There’s a lot of ways for this to happen.

1 Like

Whoooaaaaaa… double rainbow…

Anyway… if you find it, autoclave is ok. They can use a piercing needle to make the incision and pocket, then slide it into the hole manually.

If you don’t find it, hit the orange help button on the website and send your order and a link to this forum thread and we’ll take care of you.

12 Likes

This is why I love DT, and will always buy from you guys :heart:

extra

9 Likes

Well once again, logic has helped me understand things. I honestly never connected the “disconnect” there. Makes sense now, thanks!

100% amazing - they have no reason to be this fantastic, yet they are.
I’m so glad I found DT and this forum!
Y’all rock.

8 Likes

Hey Amal. did I mention that I went to my installer and they lost my … :thinking: :… :shopping_cart:
Apex Flex
FlexM1 gen2
FlexMN
and maybe an xM1
Ohh, Ohh and another NExT

Yeah, a very clumsy installer! They should probably be blacklisted!

Oh and I lost all my invoices, I should be blacklisted frowned at :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I know that emoji is not a frown, but suits the joke better

But seriously, you guys are absolutely amazing, and I hope nobody ever takes advantage of your amazing service and generosity.

I have truly never had such an amazing interaction with any company before in my life :exclamation:

:+1:

9 Likes

And that my friend is why I always go to my piercer / installer with a RFID / NFC reader and check that the chip is in immediately after the injection.

I think you can order another one and try again, sadly.

EDIT:

Classy…

2 Likes

Well gents no dice. Appears that the injector done its job perfectly. We looked threw all the material used and come up with nothing. We also search the floor chair and desk with no luck. So I’m at a loss. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, glad that Amal offered to help… I doubt it (no clue how the production process works), but I wonder if there’s a chance that somehow there wasn’t a NExT in there to begin with? Odd that you couldn’t find it in the wrappings, but it’s super small, could see it easily getting lost.

Side note:

I’m surprised how bloody the end of your injector is. I’m sure this varies heavily per person and per install, but I kept one of my injectors as a souvenir (installer sealed it in an autoclave pouch), and the end is completely clean on mine. Didn’t bleed much at the time, either.

1 Like

boo. hit that orange help button with your order number

1 Like

I have submitted a ticket. If it helps any I have a current order for a prox coming that hasn’t shipped yet.

2 Likes