I’m gonna pull this out myself!

Let’s take this as theoretical. Imagine a world of crazy and this dude exists therein.
—-
I am beyond disappointed with my implant.

So. xSiid in blue in L0 is lost.
I can’t feel It physically, can’t see the light but can scan it reasonably well with an acs reader.
So I have a general idea where it might be.

In canada, we can’t just walk into an X-ray place, slap a fiddy on the counter and ask for a picture. I’d need to go to the doctor and get a referral and the X-rays would go back to him for review.

I’ve tried a big ass magnet, manual massage, my wife’s …hitachi… massager… and whipping my arm in a whip like motion to get it to come out of hiding - nada.

So, against all your best judgements, how would one, who is gonna do it, regardless of consequence- do it?
Scalpel and a digger?
4g needle and luck?
Exploratory camera and tweezers?
Vacuum and Hoover it out of a cut?

Discuss.

1 Like

How’s that for a discussion?

2 Likes

Can I ask why? No judgement one way or another, I am just curious what your expectations were that haven’t been met.

Been through that all. That’s what, theoretically, has given me the … theoretical… confidence that it is in fact possible… in theory.

2 Likes

So to drag out the discussion,

Sorry to hear that, AT least it is still reading; to me it sounds a little deep.
My guess is it may have taken a nosedive and the LED is inward-facing.
Can you read it with your phone?

I am hoping that it is still functioning as intended. i.e. Blinky still blinking :bulb:
If so and you are careful when you extract it ( No tools ) put it in some ChloroHex, test it and reinstall.

Just my thoughts and how I would do it

2 Likes

Starters- this was a self install, they all were.I have already dug out one implant that was visible but in a danger zone.

The readability of the placement is poor for me. I’m lucky if I can get my phone to find it at all. Defeats the purpose of being able to use it for anything meaningful.

The directional led is a PITA. I can rotate it with a magnet and, when I’m complete darkness, can sometimes see a faint twinkle of blue. If I’m lucky. What’s the point of that? Can’t freak the mundanes if I have to do so much to maybe hope to get something to happen.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. As I said I am just curious.

1 Like

I can rarely read it on my phone. As for the light, I noted the info in my other comment.

When using the magnet I can slightly feel it wiggle, helps to pinpoint it for surgery.

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely too deep. I’ve never really noticed the directionality of the LED on mine. The brightness is a tiny different depending on the occasion, but it’s always been fairly bright (can always see it even in a fairly bright room). Mine is blue as well.

Hopefully if you end up removing it, you can have it sterilized and put back in more shallow.

2 Likes

id be fine if it found a better home, but dang thing wont budge.

1 Like

The fact you can’t find it with a magnet is weird

Not discuss us much as just relate.

I got installed my xSIID in the top of my wrist…and it sank below my tendons. It has a very small range and can’t see the light. Not even able to take that baby out without forking out big time for it

1 Like

can find it, can’t move it from it’s hole. can wiggle it.
i’m using this bugger too.

1 Like

2 Likes

wow that SUCKS! geez. im sorry!

2 Likes

I just thought I would put this here, as additional information to explain what may be going on.