I Need Help Getting Started

Could anyone please just give me a list of what implantable item I should get as well as a lock for my front door that would be compatible together. I’m getting a bit overwhelmed with the information available such as RFID vs NFC, how to program the chips to work with locks/other items, etc.

The ELI5 version, assuming you have a standard US deadbolt and not a rim lock deadbolt, or cylinder lock would be the xNT and a samsung shs-3321. If you have something other than a standard US deadbolt, that combo will be different.

Here’s the compatibility list: https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/product-compatibility-list/27/1

There are also reports of the UltraLoq Combo working.

1 Like

Hey! Welcome to the fold :slight_smile:

If you have a standard deadbolt in your front door, I recommend getting the xNT and a Samsung Ezon door lock. They work great together and the Ezon leaves no extra holes to drill in your door… just replace a standard deadbolt lock cylinder and you’re up and running in no time!

As for the difference between RFID and NFC, read this FAQ (and all the other entries in the FAQ section!)

With the Samsung Ezon lock, you don’t program the xNT chip, you program the lock with the xNT’s serial number (UID - read this).

2 Likes

I’ve seen a number of posts similar to this, and I’d like to make the point (gently! No offence intended to you!) that this is relatively complex technology and that it’s very important to take the time to read everything thoroughly and fully understand what you’re doing. It’s a great idea to work towards increasing accessibility for new people, but please don’t take shortcuts!

That said, welcome!

2 Likes