I need some help with brute forcing an EM4x50

I put it in C:\ just like you recommended. It’s in the same folder as: Users, Progam Files, Programfiles (x86) and Windows (Dutch)

There is something else going on there. When you are running the batch file you are getting lots of error messages about pacman not being found. My guess is that you have another mingw64 environment already set up and it is trying to use that for some reason, but that is set up in an incompatible way. Or the proxspace release is now broken.

1 Like

Do you know how i can find that mingw64 environment and delete it if it’s there?

do you have any funky linuxy style software you installed on your system or is it pretty plain vanilla? i’d guess you don’t if you aren’t sure… so that leaves other oddities… like is your windows environment a standard windows OS with regional settings or is it a regional version of windows that might cause problems with proxspace? not sure if that’s it, just grabbing at possibilities here.

I have never done anything with linux. i have done nothing strange with my pc. It’s a couple of months old. But i don’t know if my windows is region locked. Do you know how i can find out?

ok ok… it’s probably not anything to do with region.

let’s think of admin permissions instead. can you delete the proxspace folder and try again but this time when you go to open a CMD prompt (dos box), type CMD and then right click on “command prompt” from the start menu and see if you can select “run as administrator”… and then go to \proxspace and runme64 as admin.

When you do this, watch the output for errors and rather than show us the end of the output with the errors it would be great if you could show us the beginning.

Something went wrong earlier than we can see on that last output, and without seeing the first errors we can’t even guess at what the issue is.

2 Likes

I tried @amal 's Method and this is prettymuch everything it did:

A lot of things not being found.

Yes, but just before that it fails to write to /etc/pacman.conf. this is the configuration file for pacman. I suspect a permissions issue as there are various warnings attempting to look at files at the top. Then bash attempts to run pacman after it has allegedly been installed and can’t find the command.

Are you sure that you were doing this as administrator?

1 Like

i saw you are dutch? whare in the Netherlands are you if you are close to almelo maybe we can take a look together if you haven’t figured it out I am no expert by any means but maybe we will get it to work

2 Likes

pretty sure. but i’ll try again just in case

This is what i’m getting now when i run it as administrator

Ik ben in Amsterdam. Helaas te ver.

Mensen die in kleine landen wonen altijd vinden afstanden te ver. Het is slechts 150 km :slight_smile:

I remember being told the difference between the UK and the US is that in the US 100 years is a long time while in the UK 100 miles is a long distance.

Given that I have driven from LA to Portland in a day before but from Edinburgh to Glasgow was a major event I think there is a lot to that.

1 Like

I am regularly on that side of the country
So if it’s not resolved by the time I go there I again I can come besides you

2 Likes

not me i would drive 300 km to get a bolt haha