I wrote an eBook about magnetic implants!

If you think the updates are important definitely want the update.

giphy-3

3 Likes

FYI @Az_F,
@NiamhAstra works for Amazon… I can hear him softly whimpering in the corner

4 Likes

Haha, it’s just that their KDP format is not at all usable for a book with complex formating and you are given no other option don’t take it personally @NiamhAstra :wink:

2 Likes

Got my hands on the book. And while short, it was very enjoyable.

Now I’m probably going to try to find an installer for a Titan and try to make up my mind on weather or not to get one.

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s been a long time and there are definitely more things I would include now if I were to do it again :thinking:

Since most of my academic research on the subject is not fully finished and publishable because of “ethical concerns” from the peer review and other gatekeeping bs I think I will release a whole lot of data and software publicly at some point. I just need to find the time to sort everything in a repo…
@amal any chance you have a Leap Motion or could aquire one for DT? Because I think there’s some stuff in there you should try out :wink:

2 Likes

I’m glad that I didn’t take that particular career path TBH. Gosh, I hate quite a few things about academia.

I would certainly like to read your research even if it’s not peer reviewed. :robot_cyborg:

I presented my home diy research and got an opportunity for a 6 month research with unlimited funding in an IT lab so I thought why not? Free stuff’s good. Publishing was secondary for me.
I could have kept the job at the end but I fully agree with you. Academia somehow turned curiosity into a competitive pay-to-win club of and I don’t like it :sweat_smile: While structure and rigor is necessary I don’t think a system from the 1800s is relevant today.

Well, it took me an entire day to find and organize everything and I probably missed stuff but here it is: 3 years of my life on and off working on magnets all public.
Have a read, copy some code or ask questions. If I can inspire even a single person then it’s all worth it.

7 Likes

Awesome! Will definitely be checking it out!

5 Likes

Wow, what an amazing amount of effort put in to share with the community.

Kudos to you :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I added some stuff to the landing page. Mostly explanations and extra ressources.

2 Likes

I’m looking into reading your book. Do you recommend the english or french version ? I’m fluent in both…

1 Like

English is the original :wink:

If i buy it now for 5,90€ on Google Play, how big of a cut is gonna google take?

I get ~4€. You can send it over paypal @ the email I pm you and I’ll give you the pdf if you want

1 Like

If that’s an option, can you shoot me your email :grin:

1 Like

how big of a cut is PayPal going to take?

None if you choose the personal option instead of commercial.

1 Like

@Pilgrimsmaster I can send it to you for free for being a DT og if you want :wink:

1 Like

PayPal FF, get a PDF … All profit goes to the @Az_F and you’re not locked in to a viewing platform :+1:

As for content, it’s full of great info, well presented and entertaining. It’s a great read, definitely recommend it to anyone who’s interested in magnets :magnet:

3 Likes