I wrote an eBook about magnetic implants!

Hi! I just published my first eBook on amazon and it’s about magnetic implants and how to use them in more ways than just sensing.
You can find a lot of everyday info and tips but also the basics to artificially stimulating it and creating accessories and wearables as well as measuring it’s properties properly.
Available in English and French

EDIT: I’m switching to Google play because Amazon is the worst to work with, if you have already bought it, contact me and I’ll gladly get you the latest version for free.
Link will be updated soon

As I said this is my first book and I’ve put a ton of effort into it but my goal is not to make money on it, it’s the price of a pint of beer so everybody can have access to it and I might lower the price if it isn’t the case.
Anyway this was a fun side-project and I would love to have your opinions and ideas on the subject!

10 Likes

Should be on my kindle by now, I look forward to reading it after work.

Sounds like my post was not completely mad.

2 Likes

Hey, the layout is a little messed up on kindle rn, it should be updated in a couple days max. It’s fine on pc and mac if you can’t wait :wink:

3 Likes

It’s on Google play now instead of Amazon because amazon sucks, contact me if you want an updated copy :wink:

1 Like

Here are the actual links now that it’s on Google play:

and in french:

4 Likes

Well I know what I’m reading today!

4 Likes

If you think the updates are important definitely want the update.

giphy-3

3 Likes

FYI @Az_F,
@NiamhAstra works for Amazon… I can hear him softly whimpering in the corner

4 Likes

Haha, it’s just that their KDP format is not at all usable for a book with complex formating and you are given no other option don’t take it personally @NiamhAstra :wink:

2 Likes

Got my hands on the book. And while short, it was very enjoyable.

Now I’m probably going to try to find an installer for a Titan and try to make up my mind on weather or not to get one.

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s been a long time and there are definitely more things I would include now if I were to do it again :thinking:

Since most of my academic research on the subject is not fully finished and publishable because of “ethical concerns” from the peer review and other gatekeeping bs I think I will release a whole lot of data and software publicly at some point. I just need to find the time to sort everything in a repo…
@amal any chance you have a Leap Motion or could aquire one for DT? Because I think there’s some stuff in there you should try out :wink:

2 Likes

I’m glad that I didn’t take that particular career path TBH. Gosh, I hate quite a few things about academia.

I would certainly like to read your research even if it’s not peer reviewed. :robot_cyborg:

I presented my home diy research and got an opportunity for a 6 month research with unlimited funding in an IT lab so I thought why not? Free stuff’s good. Publishing was secondary for me.
I could have kept the job at the end but I fully agree with you. Academia somehow turned curiosity into a competitive pay-to-win club of and I don’t like it :sweat_smile: While structure and rigor is necessary I don’t think a system from the 1800s is relevant today.

Well, it took me an entire day to find and organize everything and I probably missed stuff but here it is: 3 years of my life on and off working on magnets all public.
Have a read, copy some code or ask questions. If I can inspire even a single person then it’s all worth it.

7 Likes

Awesome! Will definitely be checking it out!

5 Likes

Wow, what an amazing amount of effort put in to share with the community.

Kudos to you :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I added some stuff to the landing page. Mostly explanations and extra ressources.

2 Likes

I’m looking into reading your book. Do you recommend the english or french version ? I’m fluent in both…

1 Like

English is the original :wink:

If i buy it now for 5,90€ on Google Play, how big of a cut is gonna google take?