Biomagnet Questions

Thanks. I don’t really know what I would like if I’m being honest. I think sensing would be really cool but lifting is more of a party trick.

The xG3v2 definitely does have sensing, just not the same as the Titan in a fingertip.
The Titan is out of stock though. Like @mfries18 said, it’ll probably be a while before it comes back.

1 Like

I think a good place to start would be to do what a lot of people do if they’re curious about a magnet implant for sensing–superglue a neodymium magnet to your finger for a few days and see if you like the sensing. In the meantime, look here for installers in your area and dig around the forums here for people’s experiences with getting them installed.

Getting the titan installed is definitely more involved than the xG3, so take into consideration both the difference in difficulty of finding an installer, as well as the procedure itself.

1 Like

We do not condone self-installs… That’s just a defacto standard statement I have to make. So people have already talked about trying to DIY a Titan install and the thing that seems to be overlooked is that doing the scalp of work and all of that is of course difficult on your own or with an unskilled partner, but what is even more difficult than stabbing yourself with a knife is properly suturing after you’re done. Compared to stabbing your flesh, properly and cleanly and aseptically suturing yourself is basically impossible.

4 Likes

Good thing to mention, but Not really a recall, more of a safety advisory

John Rambo would disagree

Rambo Speedball GIF - Rambo Speedball - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

You might want to consider buying yourself this eBook written by @Az_F

2 Likes

Ah thanks for the catch! My mistake!

2 Likes

i take it steri-strips are also not reccomended in leu of sutures?

Idk Amal’s stance on this but I can say that you don’t even really need sutures for most Titan installs. I used steri-strips for my Titan and it’s healing great. A lot of people use superglue even. As long as you can keep the skin together and keep the magnet from coming back out you’ll be gucci coochie.

Edit: My Titan was implanted 3 weeks ago and I no longer keep anything on it. It’s just a lil scab now.

1 Like

well it looks like i have quite some time to contemplate how i will install a titan if i ever am able to get one

Super glue does work, but it’s not reccomended; its more of an emergency suture.
I’ve used it myself, it was successful, but I still wouldn’t recommend it.

There are proper medical skin glues that are more like rubber cement, there are different types that last for different periods of time.
When glues are used for the skin, you want to make sure the glue only goes ON the skin, not in the wound.

Even then, a butterfly stitch is a far better option, and even better with tegaderm over the top of that.

3 Likes

Steri-strips are absolute garbage. That said, plenty of people use them. I would not pack them in a med kit or anything. The moment they get sweaty, bloody, wet, you look at them sideways, someone three blocks away sneezes and a couple droplets of snot land on you… they turn to useless mush.

If you’re going to want to secure something like in lieu of sutures then clean the skin very well with alcohol to remove oils and excess moisture… Yes alcohol mixes with water and effectively dries things out… do that and then put some quality butterfly bandages on and you’re going to be in a far better situation than relying on steri-strips.

Steri-strips have one function… to cover a proper suture when you don’t have a proper bandage.

In short, I hate them.

3 Likes

Not at all to discount your experiences but steri-strips helped me out in a bind last year. I was re-framing some doors in my house and a very sharp chisel fell from the top of the door and landed on my arm. steri-strips are what i had on hand and after shoving the fat back in place i used the strips on a rather bloody arm and they held great until i finished with the rest of the doors and was able to see a doc. doc cleaned it and threw some stitches in but it was far better than just throwing a butterfly bandage on for the time.

2 Likes

Butterfly bandages worked well on my forearm install after I pulled the stitches. Though I did wrap the area with compression wrap as well. They got some sweat on them, but I tried to keep them out of precip, climbed off a tower when it started raining to protect them. I like butterflies, but will always throw a wrap on them if I can.

Absolutely. Use what you got… they’re better than nothing. Given the choice though, I’d use something better to keep my cyberbits inside me after installation.

Official Technical terminology?

4 Likes

I don’t know what kind of strips are used in the US, but the ones I get in German pharmacies are just great, especially for fingertip stuff when you can wrap them around (not too tightly, obviously). They have to be long enough, because the ends tend to get loose after some time, but I really like to use them when my sutures are out to keep it all a bit more secure for some days. I’m tempted to use them instead of sutures, but I think that might be problematic, hygiene-wise…

Possibly just ours are garbage :confused:

I agree with @Coma, steri-strips here in Belgium (probably the same ones as Germany) are great. They’ve been used for all my implants.

3 Likes

What kind of steri-strips are you buying? They’re great but they need to be way longer than you think(I’ve had best results with about 2 inches past the injury). I’ve used them for a ton of wounds that I probably should’ve gotten stitches for and it’s always been great.