Ideas on what to do with an old implant?

Basically what the title says, I have a used NExT implant that is not in my hand like it should be and is obviously no longer sterile. It is still functional and I want to use it in ways that would be minimal in terms of footprint and also seem cool to other people as well.

I was thinking of putting it into something like a bracelet but that is not really any improvement over my magic rings in terms of convenience. Any ideas would be appreciated as I am not a very creative person and haven’t seen or thought of anything that really resonated with me.

Thanks in Advance!

not specifically you’re request… but

I believe @amal has said here and there, that a chip ( not magnet) could *probably survive a trip through an autoclave,

in theory you could take it to a local shop, have them autoclave it, ( it comes out sealed)
make sure it still works

have the piercer install it

2 Likes
3 Likes

cool, watching cyborg prime do it is about as much proof as you can get

4 Likes

Wie injected glass tags in the end of climbing ropes to store data about the rope in them

For example date of purchase, stretching factor and so on.

2 Likes

Destron Fearing chips are factory sterilized with ethylene oxide gas. This is a popular technique since it doesn’t require capital investment, and won’t damage implants; veterinarians’ offices tend to use it despite the slightly higher cost per batch compared to autoclaving.

1 Like

NGL, I love your avatar, @Chrontius! I need to get Amal to turn me into a robot ASAP.

I guess that it depends on the country but how likely is it for a veterinarian to sterilize something for a random customer?

My avatar is Magma Dragoon from Mega Man X4. :slight_smile:

I have no idea, but the worst that’ll happen if you ask is they say no, probably.

1 Like

I would put it in a neckless or a sick looking earring kinda like this https://etsy.me/3vbK1oa but a cyber punk look.

Secondly, why is it not in your hand? Did the implant process not go as planned or was it removed for some reason? If it was a bad instal, and not an issue with you, or the implant you could take it to a good piercing shop and they could clean it up and put it in for you.

I posted it somewhere else here some time ago, but I think it’s fitting here :wink:
That’s what I did with my old flexie when it came out of my hand:

flexie

Behind the frame is a reader, so it can still light up :wink:

7 Likes