I'm looking for this, and also sharing my dream for an implant

Brakes and seatbelts are for cowards.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson

1 Like

What if you do want to put your seat belt on, but you just don’t want to have to endure the annoying reminders when you don’t put it on immediately right this minute?

I hear all it takes is short the wires in the belt buckle latch. It requires a bit of hacking, but at least it’s doable.

1 Like

4 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

You just made my day with that one…
I was always joking about a hazelnut yoghurt we sell at our shop, because it has “may containt traces of nuts” on its label - but now I think I know why. Though I seriously hope it’s more than just traces…^^

1 Like

Actually, probably not: most likely it’s artificial hazelnut flavoring and there really are only accidental traces of real nuts in them. The allergy warning on industrial food products is the only thing that doesn’t lie on the packaging.

1 Like

You don’t have to state the obvious. (I know it for sure about the UK)

You don’t write on the milk carton, for example that it “contains milk”.
…you can sue, (not it the UK th.) but if you’re unable to read the package label I have serious concerns wether re-iterating the ingredients on the product description side would help.

AFAIR the case was dropped because of this.

The regulations are very serious about that, for sure. People can get locked up. Recipe can be secret, same goes with SOME methods, but all added ingredients (because of allergy) and their ratios (mainly to calculate for diabetics) must be stated.
So for example you write yeast on bread, because you add it, but you don’t write it on sourdough because you don’t add it.

1 Like

Nah, nope. I know that’s the case with most “flavored” yoghurts, but I work in an organic store - so, mainly it’s just yoghurt, some sugar, some hazelnuts and maybe some locust bean gum to keep the consistency steady :wink: No artificial or synthetic stuff in the things I sell :smile:

You all sure love off topics :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I love the freedom to derail here. Threads in this here forum often go on a tangent, yet they stay readable and relevant most of the time (thanks to the moody robot no doubt :slight_smile:) and the conversations stay surprisingly peaceful and civilized.

I used to patronize a cycling forum years ago where it was the exact opposite: they had this “election” at the beginning of each year to elect 15 or 20 moderators, who would make it their duity to haunt the forum 24/7 to “purify” it: they’d review all the posts, REWRITE posts that didn’t quite adhere to their strict standards of qualty, create new threads to reroute posts that were just a tiny bit off-topic, or plain kill them if they too unrelated to cycling.

You know what? I hated that place with a passion. Sure, when you use that forum’s search feature, you find any bicycle-related topic very easily, and it reads like an encyclopedia: very factual, very well organized. But the social and human aspect of it is totally sterile. It’s not a community of mates, it’s a community of inmates.

At least here Amal gives us the freedom to be openly bonkeroony :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re right, it was a joke. I really like this forum is that you can talk freely, even though I have been told off in one thread about going off topic for a sentence.
But yeah, I’ve been in other forums and it was a very stiff community.
While we are at it. Could you point me to the wiki articles of the forum? I can’t find them, they don’t show under categories.

It’s on the burger menu. Took me a while to find too.

1 Like

Fuck that!!!

They sound more like Robots :robot: than we do :wink:

What was that one???
Who said it?
They were a dick!

Was it me?
Doesn’t sound like me!

Tell me it wasn’t me…

1 Like

To be fair:
Despite we (me, mainly) tend to go off topic often, if there is a question it is answered in an hour or less. And that adds a layer to custom service.
There are only a few companies out there that backs you up in this level.
Some other companies (no name drop) are more awkward to communicate with.

Hahahaha no it wasn’t you :joy: don’t actually remember who was it, but meh, don’t care really. Everyone I’ve exchanged words in here have been top notch tinmen and tinwomen (don’t actually know genders :joy:)

1 Like

It’s actually pretty interesting for as much stuff we are doing involving biology gender is very rarely mentioned,

We know rosco has certain equipment because of a certain thread… don’t ask lol

And coma likes to show off her artwork on her chest,

But beyond that I don’t think I know or have bothered to give it any thought

1 Like

Sometimes I tend to feel like we’re the “bad guys” in this forum… :grimacing:
:smile:

And I’m sooo happy here - honestly, even if we all disagree deeply on some topics, it’s almost always possible to discuss things in a polite manner. Not necessarily discussing to convice others, but rather to understand them, and that’s honestly very rare. I visit some gaming forums regularly, most of them are very little fun to read (and even less fun to write there - I always get told off for derailing… :thinking: ), and the worst (and yet a very interesting thing) I visited was some anonymous German imageboard thingy… it’s really amazing to see what people say if they think nobody will ever know who they are. Social studies…

I think that’s because, in most cases, it’s just irrelevant. Implants can go in male and female hands the same way, and since especially the biohacking-scene has some big chunk of pioneer work done by women, people won’t automatically assume it’s a “man’s thing”.

3 Likes

Wait… What? :slight_smile: