I'm making a game alone and it's hard (but also great)

This deserves to be posted somewhere:

Also I’m making good progress but I still expect to push back some deadlines on Hooome.
The Lazy Laser minigame is my side project and is pretty much ready for the store other than a couple bugs.

I’m trying out the closed and open beta features on the play store so I will be posting access links here for those who want early access. :wink:

7 Likes

also

Haha he’s already in there if you look carefully :wink:

BUT that’s a different picture…

1 Like

Guys guys guys! I’m so excited! I just released an open testing track of Lazy Laser, my Android minigame :face_with_peeking_eye::fireworks::partying_face::confetti_ball: (not the game from the OG but I mentioned it here before. I haven’t shared the link anywhere yet… Here it is:

Keep in mind this is testing so here is a feedback form https://forms.gle/wSbHRL3VjwYp3DDK8
where you can help me improve it in the last update before officially publishing it.
It still needs some balancing but it’s very hard to do alone since I’m biased.

The game has no sound yet. The toggles in the pause screen are audio, vibration and flashy animations and are a bit buggy still but not necessary to play :wink:

Anyway are some screenshots for your visual stimulation and pleasure:

6 Likes

As for Hooome the scale is much larger so I’m aiming at releasing test versions either in the end of December or early January :crossed_fingers: Everything is going smoothly with it, there’s just a lot to do…

Also I have an implant related app in the works. Oups I said it :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Downloaded and Played.

Got to level 20 with zero bugs noticed.

A simple bit of fun.
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Hi,
I downloaded it and tried it.
And couldn’t figure it out at all.
Nothing I do with the phone affects anything except to make it move faster. But it always runs into the blocks. No matter what I do.
I figured out after a while to touch the bumper to restart it. Is that right?

And I never had to watch ads, just hit restart.

Might just be me being dense. But I still have no clue what to do with it.
Sorry!

Is there something I need to turn on with the phone to make it work??

:person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_facepalming:

Sorry to hear that :flushed:
You’re supposed to move the silver handles to make sure the line fits through the cubes and the spark can travel through without colliding.

You make a point though, a small tip or tutorial on the very first level wouldn’t hurt :+1:

I hope you still enjoy it now that you know how to master the laser :wink:

Oh!
I thought it was just a tilt game. Oops.
I’ll go have another look.

You’re in luck, tilt is going to be the main mechanic in Hooome’s minigames !

4 Likes

Downloaded it last night and got to level 17 iirc (was half asleep, but couldn’t wait til morning to try it lol). Pretty fun! Might heart skipped a beat when it got to the blue block section and was more complicated and almost lost a life, then did loose a life XD
Will be a fun game on my 4 hour drive to a job site today since I’m not driving!

So with that knowledge I went back and did great.
Went to level 25 without issue.

The only other feedback would be I’m not sure if the bonus screen every 10 levels is interactive?
Or what to do with it if so?

Maybe not a tutorial.
Maybe just what you said.
Just a super short worded explanation of what to do is all I needed.

I might be a pretty good representation of the dense-ist of the dense. Lol.

Good job!

2 Likes

Nope, it just goves you a bonus or steals some points based on how well you’re doing energy wise. (Behind the scenes they allow me to adjust the difficulty according to keep it interesting )

Thanks for the feedback!

:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

Quick reminder that you can fill in a very quick feedback form for the Lazy Laser open test here : https://forms.gle/wp2DeZAtP5WM5udz9

It will help me balace the game and the difficulty.

Done!
Might want to hide the contact info box though Incase someone puts their email address.

1 Like

Hum, I don’t see an option to do that. I’ll look it up later

Could just disable the ability to view other people’s responses. Though I’m not sure if that’s viable, haven’t messed with Google forms in a while.

1 Like

Done, I thought that was off by default.
It’s called “View results summary” which is a bit obscure

1 Like

That is lol