I'm making a game alone and it's hard (but also great)

I neglected to mention I watched the ads al the way through…
You’re welcome
:money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings: :moneybag: :euro:

€0.00001

3 Likes

I will buy myself a pistachio :pray: :grin:

2 Likes

Or as it turns out 11 pistachios :thinking::joy:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Lazy Lazer has sounds and music now so the toggle actually does something now :loud_sound: :sweat_smile: I also adjusted the optional ad frequency and reward amount.

1 Like

I like it so far. Didn’t play much though. I think it is level 8, it is an auto win… meaning you don’t have to move anything to win, just touch one of the stakes.

Levels are procedurally generated. You hit a lucky streak :wink: From 10 and beyond things get progressively harder.

Also, I’m making some big changes today based on the feedback so far :shushing_face: mostly on how the challenges every 10 levels work.

1 Like

I think this last Lazy Laser version is a keeper. Many things have changed since the first one thanks to your feedback :heart: If you people want to play the latest version and give some last-minute input then now is the time! :arrow_up: I think tomorrow I’m switching it to full release :sparkler: :fireworks: :tada: :confetti_ball: :clinking_glasses:

Again thanks to those who helped :raised_hands:

Also for Hooome I have a poll on tweeter right now to choose one of the playable character’s appearance :wink:
https://twitter.com/az_apps/status/1598704107333771264?t=_bYgXlApJ2DJmWCQ5c8Cdw&s=19

1 Like

I hope you dont mind, but im sure im not the only one here that would never have a Twatter :bird: account

Let me know if you want me to delete the poll

Snouk is a classy one. A slick Hooomie living the high life! :sunglasses::cocktail:

Repeto is fiery and adventurous. A wild little Hooomie! :fire::muscle:

Choose your Hoomie
  • Snouk :sunglasses::cocktail:
  • Repeto :fire::muscle:

0 voters

2 Likes

Not at all :wink: Thanks!
In fact here are the gifs:
Snouk
Repeto

3 Likes

Lazy laser is out! Fully released and final version for a while! :grin::grin::grin: Super happy and relieved. Thanks to everyone who was supportive. It took about a month to get from the idea to the finished product and it’s officially my first fully released game! Now back to work on Hooome which is going to take a lot more effort :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Made it to level 50!

2 Likes

GG! :grin: How do you like the last version with checkpoints and the progress bar?

Makes it more fun!
The sound effects are great too!

1 Like

Happy holidays everyone!

Holidays

I’m not giving up on Hooome even if it’s tempting to take a break for the holiday season :sweat_smile:
Also, I’m cooking another short-term project now that Lazy Lazer is done!

8 Likes

So Hooome is still in the works but in the meantime here is Tiny Space Industries in beta testing just for you cyborgs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s a semi-idle space station building with a complex resource processing system. To be fully published at the end of the month! Can’t wait to have your feedback. I really loved working on this one!

4 Likes

Constructive feedback for you I hope

In no particular order…we not perfect

The icon screen flashes up too quickly < 1/2 sec

tap to skip

option to mute :no_bell:

Icons “bonuses” looked like part of game and in INFO says they are “bonuses” like meteor shower etc. Correct?
When tapped theywere adverts “misleading” maybe a title “ad for resources” or are the supposed to be the meteor shower etc?

“keep expanding”

“before that you will need modules…you have 3 slots”

Might be better
“you have 3 slots for module upgrades, head over to the ship manager”
do stuff do stuff
“keep expanding to find more modules”

The diagonal interface is clever = space dimension ( no up down left right forward back )

might be nice for a pause
The ability to target resources

Ads for “money” is a great option, get that addiction set in

the astronaut’s thruster pack effect gets pretty boring really quick
Can y

A timer of some sort for build time would be good

jittery when you try to zoom in or out ( finger placement affects where the zoom starts from, rather than start neutral and pinch in our out to move )

Twist to orientate may be useful

I like the clean display, but you have space [pun] to put some more icons at the side if you wanted ( not many, or it will be cluttered, but maybe things like build time countdown timers)

I thinks a few more resources to start with would be good, just enough to get people want more and start watching ads or buying resources

I felt it took too long to get the basic resources for basic upgrades

I liked the use of the accelerometer ( was that mentioned in the tutorial? )

Is there the ability to target the resources? is it random? or done in order? or closest first?

Anyway
That’s my first bit of feedback, I hope it helps

The concept and design are great, keep up the good work

4 Likes

Thanks for trying it and taking the time to write all this down :pray::pray::pray:

Not sure what’s the icon screen?

One is the meteor shower ( fixed in 0.4.5) the other one pulls all the broken resources towards the ship but there’s no visual feedback so yeah if there are no resources there you won’t notice anything… I will change this tomorrow.
Both are preceded by ads and will show up occasionally (I will put a little ad icon to make it clear)

I might change that :ok_hand:

Thanks! Theoretically you can play in landscape too thank to this

Haven’t included it because there’s no real downside in leaving it running. You can pause individual modules though for micro management

If you’re saying what I think you’re saying then check out the travel button, each location has a specific set of floating resources. The spawn rate is contant.

I got to make this economically viable :sweat_smile: not very good at it so far

Yes will be included, all audio is in early stage, same for the astronaut thrusters

Kinda complicated to implement in a couple days but I would like that very much in the future

Not 100% sure what you mean but check out the different locations. They are supposed to be end game or paid though

The rest I’m definitely taking in consideration and will balance this as I go.

2 Likes

Sorry if these seem rushed ( because they are ), No formatting, just words thrown at a page.

I also appreciate that english is not your first language, (Not that I can tell by the way, your english is amazing, I only know, because I know) So I know it may be a little harder for you to understand what I am saying; I just read back through what I wrote, and I could only just understand what I was saying…

The Tiny Space Logo just prior to tiny labs, just prior to game launching.
I tried to take a screenshot for you, but it was too fast :wink:

All makes sense, I did see that, but also had the no resourse, so nothing happens.
Reward for watching add :+1:

More than theoretical, I played in both landscape and Portrait, no issues

Fair enough, just needed the astronaut to shut up for a sec, of course, I could have turned down the volume or closed the app…

I saw that, and actually wondered the benefit of that…

Not really what I mean’t, I was meaning, when the resources are floating around, I cant tell Mr. Astronaut which ones I want first…

The travel function is cool, just a point, you can travel to your current location, to which there is no real point…except the “space jump” effect you gave it looks cool

Still better than me. I and truly hope you are successful

I was playing with an outsider point of view, If I wasn’t testing it for you, I would have gotten bored, because it was taking too long to upgrade. I think if you allow people to upgrade faster during the tutorial phase and just after, it might hook people a little easier, alternatively, and probably easier to implement, give them a bit more spending money at the start, enough to get a couple of “good” upgrades, but not all, so they have to choose more wisely.

Thank fuck, I wanted to strangle that little bastard :wink:

Cool, I know all these things are easy for me to say, and much more difficult / time consuming to do.

As above, sorry, I repeated myself.
I just threw everything at you I could think of at the time.

Just being able to target / prioritise the resources to gather… If you dont choose, then game does
Maybe, it could be an upgrade to the “gatherers” They start by being able to select one resource, then later 2, then up to max 3 for astronaut, 5 for Tractor beam etc? :man_shrugging: Just a thought

I also like the blurred background when you are in the menu, so you can still see what is happening in the game :+1:

Cool, these are not complaints or requests, merely my observations and suggestions.

1 Like

Say you’re putting mineral asside and don’t want your farm to keep consuming it then instead of destroying the farm you can pause it. This will be even more useful once build timers are a thing.

:joy::joy::joy:

Ah I see, they’re collected in the order you tapped them (usually). You can of course build more airlocks and tractor beams and drones

Very good point! I’m still in the process of balancing all the values. With a game like this you can’t really tweak-play-tweak-play-tweak because playing takes hours…

You are noticing all the little details that I personally loved adding and it makes me so happy!

2 Likes