Implant Installation Question

Ummm, it’s an N64…that reaction was complety understandable

Why 2 HF xLEDs??? Did you consider an LF-xLED next to your NExT or do you plan on more HF usage?
I wish Amal would just make the 2in1 HF LF LEDs already…geez it’s not like he’s busy moving house/office
Launching a new product line
Developing products
General business stuff,
Monitoring this forum,
The FakeBook,
Tweeter,
YouTube,
PMs,
Emails,
DT Tickets
Having a family
Life in general
Avoiding the virus like it’s the plague :wink: :mask:
Man he’s lazy :grin:

7 Likes

That was my original plan but I switched it for a HF xLED cuz the LF end will just be to get into my apartment so I felt like there wasn’t much need for a blinky there cuz the wall doesn’t have eyes and is hard to impress :yum:

4 Likes

Actual laugh out loud…Thanks

2 Likes

Hahaha my thoughts exactly.

There is practical usage, and then there is wanting to convince people you are a cyborg.

You need a little from column A, a little from column B!

1 Like

Why the Spark 2 and the apex? I could be wrong but wont the apex do everything the spark can do and more?

I’d already ordered the White Bundle before Apex was unofficially announced and details spilled etc. Just haven’t received things due to chip delays + cloning service. Will still implant the Spark anyway, even if it’s not in the hands, it’ll still be somewhat useful. I also don’t mind popping it out if I ever need the real estate :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I was under the impression it will act as a sort of back up for your account if you ever need it. I ordered mine recently, and I think I am going to put it in my forearm, so it isn’t taking up hand real estate.

I was just going to get 2 apex chips :sweat_smile:

Fair. I just want one flex in my hand for payments to be honest.

1 Like

Reading that makes me realize how basic I am compared to yall when it comes to this stuff.

1 Like

Lol. You’re not basic. The difference between someone with multiple implants/flex and someone with only one is minor compared to the disparity between someone who has any implants and someone who has none :laughing:

That being said, there are some biohackers who are not fucking around.

4 Likes

I just love the apex concept, I’m a software engineer and being able to code “myself” is just fucking epic.

6 Likes

What is the end goal there? Just to have lights under the skin for a few minutes?

See, I need an apex for dummies tab.

I figure if I get it and install it, I will have no chice but to learn how to use it, so I can use it to its fullest.

1 Like

To be fair, only Amal has a complete understanding of the Apex platform. When it gets officially announced we’ll have all the details.

1 Like

Well if @Amal wants feedback from someone not tech savy, I have am sure I can have plenty of feedback. The constructive kind, not the complaining side.

1 Like

I mean, there’s a group of BETA testers that have been working with the previous generation chip since mid 2018. All of them are familiar with it. They just primarily stick to the Vivokey forums with that stuff. This is the Dangerous Things forum after all, and the Apex will not be a DT product.

The Apex can run JavaCard applications, so anyone who does development for those would also be very familiar with the platform. You can buy them pretty easily online (though they’re more expensive than conventional LF & HF test cards)

2 Likes

Come Monday, hopefully I can lurk there for a hot minute like I did here.

Ok so I installed the NeXT today in the right hand, original plan being to have the xLED next to it.

After the NeXT it feels as though it is more in the centre than i expected, possibly not leaving a good 5mm gap for xLED so I didn’t do the 2nd implant today.

Could you possibly give you best educated guess based on this picture as to whether or not it should be ok, and where the entry point, orientation should be for the xLED.

Thanks

P.S The Paint skills are strong with this one…

2 Likes

Since it is a fresh install, can you move it under the skin to where you want it? If you can move it, strap it down, let it heal and implant your xLED when it has healed.
Otherwise
Could you take another photo with:-
your hand on a flat surface
Thumb Parallel with fingers
Use the Paint skill with full effect to mark the position of
The NExT
Bone locations

Then another Photo
Still with hand flat but with Thumb to 90° (Perpendicular) and NExT and Bones Marked

1 Like