Implant options for pairing with Sentero device

Is there a specific reason you were planning on wearing the Sentero palm side as opposed to the outer side @Cobble? Even if the Sentero was able to pick up chips along it’s x-axis, it’s almost a guarantee that the NFC field won’t go through your arm/hand to light up/talk to an implant on the other side. That’ll really limit your placement flexibility since you can’t put the implant in your palm.

Hmm, very good point you have. I guess I instinctively thought to wear it on the inner wrist because it’d be more comfortable. But now that I think about it, wearing it like a watch might work better anyways. I’ll keep that in mind, especially if it’ll work better for implants! Thanks.

Of course, I do wonder if having it on the wrist will help with reading my heartbeat, which is the other part of the reason I chose that location.

Just FYI, we provided xSIID to Cyborg Nest for this. They are in unmarked pouches, but they are xSIID.

3 Likes

Ah, perfect. This is what I originally believed. What would you say is a recommended spot to implant the xSIID on the hand closest to the wrist?

That I have no idea about…

I was looking at this post earlier and thought the knife edge of my hand would be the best spot closest to the wrist, but I’m not sure if I could even get the implant within 2 cm of the Sentero from there :cry: I hope I’ll be able to figure out something soon. I have until 2021 before making the choice of whether I’ll pair an xSIID with my Sentero or not, so I have a lot of time to debate amongst myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not your actual wrist where a watch would normally be?
something like, THIS but much smaller.

Yeah, I’ll probably just have to end up putting it on my wrist. The only thing though, nobody would ever see the fancy light :sob::sob::sob:

What exactly is the point of this? I admittedly didn’t read much about this but my main question is why design it like that? Wouldn’t it be way better if they made in in a watch format like a dedicated smart watch for implants. It wouldn’t be as awkward and get in the way as much as having it strapped to your forearm and would still be usable as a watch. I think I’d be much more likely to use it as a watch but again I didn’t read much into this and don’t know if it’s actually possible to fit it in a reasonably sized watch

The Sentero looks like this, and can be worn anywhere on the upper or lower arm. It’s up to the user to figure out which spot is most comfortable. I plan on having it high up on my wrist, but I don’t know if I’ll have the device itself under my palm or on the back like a watch. When I have the Sentero, I’ll be able to try out positions and find what works best for me.

To each there own, you’re excited about it and think your gonna use it then have at it. For me personally I know I wouldn’t wear it, I won’t be able to comfortably wear long sleeve shirts or hoodies and I’ll look like I have a running tracker on me with short sleeves, any position I can think of will get it in the way in some form (even my watch does sometimes).

Let us know how it works and what you feel about it when you get it though

2 Likes

Ah, thank you. And yeah, I’m super excited for the Sentero. I am constantly getting lost, it takes me a quite long time before I can navigate to a place without GPS. If the drive is more than 20 minutes, I’ll probably get lost. One time I tried going to a friend’s house without GPS and I somehow took a wrong turn and ended up on the highway. I even get lost in buildings I visit regularly (like my college campus, or the high school I went to). I’m just not good with directions, remembering locations, or navigation. Like, at all.

Also the fact the Sentero goes on the arm - a part of my body I always have covered. Nobody will know it’s there, so I can have it comfortable on my wrist! :slight_smile: I’m not even worried about the design - the design wouldn’t stand out if it were visible, but I’m not sure if I’d like to answer the question of “what is that” every single day, because there probably wouldn’t be an honest answer that doesn’t lead to more questions. So I’m happy to know I can have it concealed. I am curious to find out how other Sentero users will wear the Sentero, because for me, placement was a no brainer.

I’ll definitely post about my experiences with it on this forum next year. I hope it’ll work as good as it’s being showcased too! :star2:

That right there is another reason I’d want it in a watch format, no one is gonna ask questions when it looks like a smart watch

Hmm, yeah that would probably raise less questions, even without a screen

Get your xSIID ontop of your foot and wear your Sentero on your ankle.
People will not only likely not ask you questions they will also give you a wide berth, probably thinking it is a parole ankle monitoring bracelet, and that wide berth is beneficial in these Covid times :foot:

Even though we made the xSIID for these guys I have no inside info on range or anything else really… but ankle to foot range seems… far fetched. What are they claiming exactly in terms of range?

@Cobble said they’re recommending 2 cm, I believe?

Interesting. Perpendicular to the Sentro device itself? Or to the side?

Sorry, I was actually Joking around the avoiding questions from people

4zJgIUn

Fail

1 Like

Implant your xSIID in your neck and wear your Sentero as a collar. People will think you’re into BDSM.