Implantable Myoelectronics

Hi all,
New account but long-time follower of the forum. I recently submitted a paper for a university competition and I figured some of you would like to give it a read. The paper relates to an implantable EMG electrode using an NFC trasponder for comms and power :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, good read.

There’s one thing you left out in my opinion: the ability to take direct reading off of residual nerves, and also possibly sending signal back through them to provide sensory feedback. I think it’s much more promising than reading electrical potentials from residual muscles.

Also, I’m not sure you’d have enough power through induction for such an application. But maybe I’m wrong. Amal would probably have a more informed opinion.

1 Like

Thanks for reading. I was 200 words over the limit so I had to cut feedback out, but human-in-the-loop feedback was something I discussed in the presentation I gave on the device. I’m not sure if you could take direct readings from residual nerves with a device like this, I know there is some very expensive research being done on the topic though. You’re probably right about the power requirement though, as I’ve seen discussed on other threads. Theoretically it should be possible though, just maybe not with an off the shelf transponder. I won the competition though so that’s just fine details :wink:

4 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Well done, and well deserved :+1:

2 Likes