Implantation method

I’ve been talking to my local installers, and just found out that they don’t use the injector that comes with the kit, instead they described the process as the following:

“He does not use the injector, he uses a hollow piercing needle that is the exact same size of the implant. He pinches your skin, pierces directly through it and the chip follows the needle through the opening and the needle exits the other side so that there are two smaller holes versus one large puncture. As a piercer, he believes this is the best way to do it. It is much less invasive and less traumatic to your skin, thus allowing for less pain and an easier healing process.”

Has anyone had any experience with this type of install?
Anyone have experience with both that can give me a comparison?
The idea of having a hole all the way through with both an entry and an exit wound sounds more troublesome than a slightly larger single hole to me…
I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has!

yes i’ve seen this before… it’s fine. the reason for this in the instance i saw it used was a legal issue… piercing was defined as “an entry wound, an exit wound, and the needle brought through the issue with body jewelry left in its place”… or something like that.

in any case, as long as the installer is comfortable and competent, you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I don’t see how this is less traumatic for the skin: ~1mm larger needle in diameter vs going through and under the skin twice instead of once. Not to mention, with the injector, you only insert any leftover germs once.

Yes, if the piercer is competent, it won’t matter. But me, given a choice, I’ll take the injector any day.

1 Like

That’s kind of what I was thinking too, one less wound seems like a good option

I read this pretty often on this forum, and it’s not all way true. Piercings tend to heal relatively easy, because it’s possible for all fluid, bacteria and whatever to get out, because it is always open and that to two sides even. An implant bears the risk of an encapsulating infection - which should not happen, absolutely, but if it happens it’s usually much worse. I’ve had three microdermals, which are - simply put - one-point-piercings, and they were much more trouble because of that.
So I think if your piercer knows what he does, you’ll be fine :wink:

1 Like

I’ve said before on this forum and I’ll happily say it again, the best method is the one that your professional installer is most comfortable with.

There are pros and cons to each method but all are acceptable, and I trust my installer to pick the best one for the situation (after all, it’s their job!). They’ve had the most experience and are most consistent with the method they use most often.

If you trust your professional that’s great, if you feel funny about trusting them then maybe find someone else.

2 Likes

If anyone was curious, I went ahead with the install, and it went just fine, I think both methods are pretty valid

3 Likes