Implanted "Tamagotchi"

Random Apex Idea, was just thinking might be a cool gimmicky type of thing that might be fun. You would need a device to interact with it but like it could use the implant to move from your PC to phone etc. Not sure it is a good idea but thought I would see what others think / if it inspires other wacky app ideas :smiley: First cross platform, implanted, “AI”

1 Like

haha sure you could make a tamagotchi applet and deploy it to Apex… but part of the difficulty in this is that the tamagotchi is supposed to “live” while you are doing other things, and basically need things and grow tired and hungry etc. Because the Apex can’t be running that program when there is no field, you would need to have your interfaces be connected to a cloud service which tracked state data in real time… then when you “moved” the tamagotchi between devices, it would simply coordinate the cloud service, disconnecting any currently connected devices, and display the stats / interface on your most recently connected & scanned device.

Because of this requirement, it need not be limited to the Apex… a Spark could do it too.

3 Likes

I was thinking it would just get the time from the device at scan time and “fast forward”, could be cheated but it’s a pointless game so not sure it is needed. I just like the idea of the “brain” “living” inside you.

2 Likes

I suddenly wanna try and make a cookie clicker/idle game where it ticks up every time it gets scanned

4 Likes

I am so glad Im not the only cookie clicker addict here. I would totally use that app. :sweat_smile:

eh?

I looked. It seemed so simple at first.
At first.

2 Likes

…I guess, cookie is life?

That video was one hell of a ride.

2 Likes

Can you image the support tickets?

Help! My tamagotchi won’t eat!!

7 Likes

Help my implant is full of shit

2 Likes

Seriously! I kind of feel like I should just close the window and back away.

It could count the times the device received power and save them as generations.
So like every 3rd generation the tamagotchi loses some hunger and then you have to feed him through some programm.

We most protect our grandparents from indentured servitude to the cookie bakery’s.

1 Like

Once the Third Cookie Eye has been opened, it can never be closed. :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Maybey we can leverage the new cookie economy. If we could get a decent exchange rate going it could solve the whole payment issue.

I do have a degree in baking. I make some amazing IRL cookies. We should start the revolution :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

So do I… 450° in fact :wink:

Amal

7 Likes

Does that mean bakers in the U.S. are better because they need higher degrees?

4 Likes

no comment

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is exactly necessary.

This would work. Roughly take probabilities of actions, multiply by time, roll with the on-board RNG and see if an action occurred.

You could even use the onboard randomness guarantee thing to generate the creature?

2 Likes