Implants to replace Bank card and bus pass

I’m wanting to get 2 implants. I want one to replace my bank card so i can use ‘contactless’ payments and I’d like the other to act as my bus pass. Which implants should I get? Would I be able to rewrite the bank card chip when my card expires? As far as my bus pass though, I’d like to be able to give it a different function when I’m not using public transport as often.

I used an app reccomended in another post and scanned both cards. I’m not 100% sure which info will help but this looks important.

Bank card:
ISO/IEC 7816-4 compatible
ISO/IEC 14443-4 (Type A) compatible
ISO/IEC 14443-3 (Type A) compatible

Bus pass:
MIFARE Classic compatible
ISO/IEC 14443-3 (Type A) compatible
ISO/IEC 14443-2 (Type A) compatible

Mate you have just joined and read for 2 mins…
I’m going to help you out, but you have got some reading and research to do

4 Likes

Unfortunately, unless you live in very specific areas like Sweden that have Fidesmo Pay + Apex support, it’s not really possible to implant bank cards. @amal offers a custom service for micro bank cards like bPay cards, but those expire after 2 years and will need to be removed and replaced.

It is possible, however, to implant a bus card. You’ll need more specific information about the card from something like NFC Tools, but it’ll need to be a MIFARE Classic 1k. If it is, you can probably use an xM1 implant, but keep in mind it’s likely that transit services will start transitioning to DESFire cards like mine has. They’ll be supported for a while, but not forever.

Additionally, make sure you search the forum. A quick search for “payment” probably would’ve brought up anything you need to know about implantable contactless payment.

3 Likes

Also… Welcome!
Bank Card, can’t do just yet… But there are some options

Micro card custom job
Even if you can get one of these, The card will likely expire after 5years, from you bank.

Payment

In the next few months ( Timeline pushed out due to the Covid19 ) there will be a new product line called Apex, that will have payment capability, but this will be regional at the time of launch and depending where in the world you live will depened on when this is available to you.

The Mifare Classic Bus Pass, might have an option for you, but you will need to provide more info.
Check out xM1 there will be Flex versions available in the not too distant future.

I would suggest you start your research with the faqs…

Then come back if you need some more help / direction
There is a lot of good information on this forum and also on the DT store when you look up the products
and this part of the Website
DT also have a youtube channel

That should be enough for a start

Good Luck

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/2Vl9QL3

Does this give you enough info?
I’m having a very hard time researching whether or not the xM1 will work with this card.

Looks like yes, an xM1 should work depending on the antennas in the readers - they may not couple well and might not be relatable.

You’d have to use a Proxmark to clone it, not something you can do on an Android

1 Like

Also worth keeping in mind a couple of things though…

Seems you CAN, and everyone has their own risk model, but at the moment I don’t think you SHOULD. My personal rule of thumb is that if a card has a government logo or has a ‘stored value’, I don’t play with it - people get funny if you start trying to clone keys to the council offices!

1 Like

Also… just FYI… https://fidesmo.com/go

2 Likes

subscribed for updates

MY PREDICTION

1 Like

Exciting things are coming together ever so slowly.

Also @Pilgrimsmaster is it a wearable if its inside you?

1 Like

If you “wear your heart on your sleeve” :wink:

Yeah I was thinking/wondering the same thing.

But it is a foreign body inside you, so do you “carry” it, “accommodate” it, “bring” it, “take” it with you, it “goes” with you, “wear” it on the inside??? these were just SOME of my thoughts.

(What do you “do” with a a pacemaker, fillings, surgical plates… you wear jewellery, including earrings etc. which are inside and outside you)

but also thought I was over thinking a little for a “tongue in cheek” comment, The arrow was SUPPOSED to represent DT in Fidesmo Go.

All stuff in my head that I couldn’t be bothered typing… geez thanks @CanuckCold :wink:

1 Like

Hope that the answer is “Yes”, because that opens up a lot of doors for us

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

VERY PUNNY

1 Like

close… it will be a VivoKey logo there :wink:

2 Likes

Damn it… An oversight. But Yay
Vivokey

Better late than never :wink:

2 Likes