Indala 224 Accidentally hit clone on original FOB

Question, Newbie here and learning, so I accidentally hit the lf indala clone -r onto the original FOB. Looks like it messed it up, no longer works. I can do the same command onto T55xx cards and they all work, did I brick my Original Indala fob and is there any way to save it? When I try to write back to it it fails. When I try to write to a blank it works.

1 Like

your original likely wasn’t an indala 224 that’s such a random bit length and is more indicative of signal noise. if it was the original cards details cloning that onto it wouldn’t have changed anything

you have however erased the original chips details and supplanted them with a BS indala ID.

lf t55 wipe to wipe them back to slate, but there is no recovering the ID you overwrote.

3 Likes

are those original indala’s re-writable if i cleared or wrote bad data on them?

I have the ID I overwrote because I cloned it onto something else and tested it, so its there.

Let me try what you said, I’ll post the results - Thank you!!

1 Like

Those are probably not Indala and are T5577 based fobs instead.

The proxmark will recognize almost anything as Indala when the coupling is not good. And it’s also a weird and rare chip so it’s almost never a true Indala, just a bad read.

2 Likes

Fob in Question.

And in my building it scans onto something that looks like this:

fp3521 (1)

2 Likes

oh cool a legitimate indala

still 224 is most likely signal noise, if you overwrote it and it stopped functioning on your door there’s nothing to you can do to retrieve the original ID since it never scanned in properly on your proxmark

2 Likes

Well thats the thing, I made copies of it to another fob (that is working) so I have copies which would give me the original ID no? I’m trying to get the copy back onto the original but it doesnt seem to work, are these original not re-writable or something?

1 Like

if you’ve got the id from a working copy that’s good, if your original is a T55xx that you managed to overwrite you should be able to overwrite it again

1 Like

Can you post an lf search from the original tag?

It may have the credential data on it, if you want to blur that, we’re looking for something along the lines of “chipset detection”

1 Like

My Original is the picture above that no longer works, only the copies I made.

Ok ill do an lf search now

1 Like

[usb] pm3 → lf search

[=] Note: False Positives ARE possible
[=]
[=] Checking for known tags…
[=]
[-] No known 125/134 kHz tags found!
[+] Chipset detection: EM4x05 / EM4x69
[?] Hint: try lf em 4x05 commands

I think when I was playing/testing I used an clone -em command and it wiped it, would that make it show EM4x05? If so, how do I “reset” it?

This is what the cloned one that is working that was cloned from this non working one reads as: (XXXXX’d out some of the numbers)

[usb] pm3 → lf search

[=]
[=]
[+] Indala (len 224) Raw: a0000000eXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXbe980b7eddb

[+] Valid Indala ID found!

[+] Chipset detection: T55xx
[?] Hint: try lf t55xx commands

1 Like

You can try an lf t5 detect to make sure it isn’t a t5577 chip, but I don’t believe the chipset detection changes based on what you clone to it

Have you tried re-writing the functional dump/data to the original tag with lf indala clone --em?

For those blanks you shouldn’t use the --em flag, just so you’re aware

2 Likes

so would it be lf indala clone --em -r a0000000eXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXbe980b7eddb

I did this command and it wrote to it, but when i read its not the same data as the above ^

1 Like

You could also use the lf tune command to make sure that you’re getting good coupling to the fob.

1 Like

top one is the cloned working fob shows Indala Len 224 with the correct RAW: credential data

so I copied the CORRECT DATA and put the original now broken fob on and did

lf indala clone --em -r a0000000eaCORRECT_DATA129e0be980b7eddb

it wrote successfully but now when i read it, it shows wrong data as seen below…

Cloned Working Fob:

[usb] pm3 → auto
[=] lf search

[=]
[=]
[+] Indala (len 224) Raw: a0000000eaCORRECT_DATA129e0be980b7eddb

[+] Chipset detection: T55xx
[?] Hint: try lf t55xx commands

Original FOB no longer working:

[usb] pm3 → auto
[=] lf search

[=]
[=]
[=] Odd size, false positive?
[+] Indala (len 125) Raw: 800000000000000WRONG_DATA4d6e50d0000000000000

[+] Chipset detection: EM4x05 / EM4x69
[?] Hint: try lf em 4x05 commands
[usb] pm3 →

1 Like

To add:

when I do

usb] pm3 --> lf indala clone --em -r a0000000eaCORRECT_DATA129e0be980b7eddb
[=] Preparing to clone Indala 224 bit to EM4305/4469 raw a0000000eaCORRECT_DATA129e0be980b7eddb
[+] Blk | Data

it writes successfully and says preparing to clone indala 224 bit to EM4305…

but then when its done and i do this it shows len 125 and the wrong data:

[usb] pm3 --> lf indala read
[=] Odd size,  false positive?
[+] Indala (len 125)  Raw: 800000000000000WRONG_DATA4d6e50d0000000000000
1 Like

Well, an Indala chip is not an EM4305 or T5577 as far as I know…

But the solution to this was posted already: