Is the global economy trending down

A post was merged into an existing topic: How were you introduced into the world of Biohacking?

It’s been a tough couple years for me, not gonna lie, and not just because of covid. But I’m one of those people who are always optimistic and try and make the best of every situation, and the past few years have seen quite a bit of personal growth as well. I’m finally moving out of an emotionally and financially abusive situation, and things are looking and feeling much more positive personally than in awhile. New beginnings always do for me.

I first heard about DT awhile back, I don’t actually remember when. It was probably back when I got my Haworth magnet in 2016 and would have been looking up other biomods. I got really into the magnetic sensing side of things, but then I played with my implant too much and it rejected about a month and a half later.

Between that and how much the magnet hurt to install, I didn’t look back into things until this year just happening to click an old Chrome bookmark on a whim. Since I now have access to a crazy strong prescription numbing cream, I’m more confident in going somewhere to have implants installed. I think I’ll stick with NExT and Spark 2 in 0s, xgc in non-dominant middle finger tip, and an Apex Flex in the left hand once it comes out. Blinkies would be fun, but aren’t necessary to further augment my capabilities.

I’ve always been into automating my home via Alexa, Phillips Hue lights, wifi wall plugs, etc commercial options. I’ve only barely messed with Linux before, and my code-fu is Intro to CompSci Javascript from 12+ years ago at best. But it’s definitely interesting, and should take up my main hobby slot for awhile (after piano and ABO certification lmao)

I’m finally starting my music YouTube soon, and I feel it’s poised to take off running. I’ll definitely talk about implants in it at some point, if not feature some uses in a music video. Nothing cooler than practical effects when on a low budget!

3 Likes

I had to go to bed last night and like I said got to reading the rest of your ideas and comments on this thread today. It seems like most people are thinking some of the same things as I did initially. Continuing with the thoughts I had last night I am going to keep up with talking to people about implants. It’s something I was motivated to do anyway. Also, I will see what I can figure out later this week and hopefully I will be able to say @init6 , I will be coming to CircleCon. I feel even more motivated to help out with that, but I was before anyways. Also, on that subject, @amal , if you could make it there in July, I have to agree that would totally be awesome. Also I saw @DeviantOllam tagged too, I am curious what cons you’re going to this year? I haven’t seen him in person since one of the last times I was at HOPE in NYC. (Deviant used to live for a bit with one of my friends from college when he lived in Philly too.) Anyways, I’ll do what I can to try to promote DT and this community going forward for sure!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Personally i have considered getting a chip a few timed before, but it’s just that the current chips don’t have the capabillities i want, like FIDO. So i’m basically waiting for the APEX, which i would pourchase pretty immediately, even if card payment is not an option.

6 Likes

Idk if this was in response to me tagging him here or not, but he threw up a YouTube short lol

… wow I didn’t know there was video description till I linked it here… YouTube hides the description on shorts apparently

“ Heh, on trips when I feel like hitting the bar and not keeping track of my hotel room key… this never gets old. :joy:

This is not an ad or anything for Amal or his company. I just really like the hardware that they make. Stay tuned hopefully this year for a talk by a number of my friends and I about biohacking where we cover all sorts of implant questions from top to bottom and even do some insertions live on stage! :credit_card::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::syringe:

7 Likes

Fun fact, you can use the same video ID with the standard watch URL format to watch shorts via the normal youtube player:

Lets you see comments, description, etc. all like normal.

6 Likes

Biohacking village Twitter created!

https://twitter.com/BIOASYLUM

1 Like

Good Man.

Nice plug @DeviantOllam

tumblr_15f943c943221ba691f5683b430a0114_a15e3bec_540 (1)

4 Likes

Supposedly he hasn’t logged in since July, so I wonder if it was just a coincidence

So confused,

I’ve tried like 2-3 times to post a comment on that video along the lines of

“Hey, any chance you’ll be at CircleCon later this year? Helping run a biohacker village as my first dip into hackercon stuff”

And then it disappears, idk if my comment is getting deleted or what… I don’t think I’m saying anything bad?…

Maybe he has a comment filter deleting comments about con stuff on most videos? No idea

I see your other comments, and he liked your comment about tagging you on the forum, so hopefully he’ll see this at some point.

Idk I tried to simply link to the “ how to approach an installer”

To the comment saying he can’t find an installer

The comment won’t go thru or gets deleted in seconds… idk what the deal is

I don’t think you tube likes hyperlinks. I’ve seen the same when trying to link other people to the answer to their question.

2 Likes

He might have YouTube’s spam filter on, so links may not go through.

It’s not just links,
Basic things were getting kicked too

So weird

I’m late to the party here, but I’ll throw in my few cents.
Yes, the market outlook is trending down, there aren’t a lot that smells bull any longer, but if you have been exposed in the market for the last decade, we’ve had a fun ride. Now I’ve sold off almost everything I had in the marked (due to probability of low to none ROI), and put everything in house mortage (due to increase in intrest rate). Along with higher interest rate, increase in food prices and astronomical prices on gas and electricity (at least here in Europe), I think these kind of products are among the first to be prioritized out.

As you are talking about, I think your company’s main problem is the name and the general population’s view on the products you sell. If it were my company, I would do a rebranding, naming it something short and catchy, and in front offer products that are not associated with stigma and controvercy. Like RFID rings, comercially available smart locks, and if possible anything in the like of what Fidesmo and their partners are offering (since this is trending now). Then in the back, continue offering everything you do today, but marketed like something you do on the side. This way you could advertise and attract 100% of the adult population, in which some of them also will be interested in what you really are about.
A lot of your potential customers are not even aware that what you are offering exist, this way will increase the chance of their awareness, and it will also remove a lot of the stigma that surrounds what we do here.

2 Likes

A name change might be a good idea. Don’t get me wrong I think the name “Dangerous Things” sounds badass but it can scare away potential customers. RFID implants already gets most people a bit freaked out but then labeling it “dangerous” almost confirms their fears. This would be a perfect name if implants were already considered “normal” by the normies. Since it’s still fairly new territory for most people, it might be a good idea to give the normies a first impression that reassures them that upgrades are just that UPGRADES :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just a suggestion :slight_smile: I chose the digital tree idea since it makes me think of growth/upgrades and I think “upgrades” could be a key selling point

5 Likes

I’m thinking a man would be a better symbol than a tree, and perhaps change the company name to “Cybus Industries”, finally the slogan could be “You will be upgraded”.

1 Like

“WILL” is likely to invoke fear of mandatory implants and backfire

4 Likes