ISO pet chip changing frequency

Ahh i can see how this can be the case.
Too bad the old broken one keeps winning tho lol
Could this collision be harmful?
And no way to turn one off?
I guess im just gonna have to accept that it’s not going to work with the feeder.

The only harm is the poor performance.

1 Like

Thank you guys so much for helping this chipnoob. It’s very much appreciated!
And you have a lot of cool stuff going on here. If i ever decide to get a chip for myself this will be the first place i’ll go look for info. :grin:

2 Likes

Gotta love this community, imagine it has been tough to figure out how to troubleshoot given the lack of general understanding of RFID.

I’m glad I stumbled on this thread as I’ve got an older cat that needs to gain weight, and a younger demon kitty that needs to lose weight and this is great for an idea of something to try. :slight_smile:

P.S.

3 Likes

From “if I ever decide to get a chip” to “hey guys, what chip should I get?” takes around 2 to 4 weeks.
At least that was the case for me.
I just kept thinking how logical this is…

1 Like

You lost me at RFID :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But yeah great friendly down to earth community.

As for your kitty’s, it’s definitely a good way to manage all the food and weightloss and gain.
My older cat Devil had to lose weight and go from adult to senior food. My other cat has his own food for his breed and needed to lose some weight to for his joints.
The vet recommended something like this since i wasn’t looking forward to feeding them separate 3 times a day.
I have to say it works really well eventho i had some trouble with my older cat and the feeder.
And the customerservice here in The Netherlands is very friendly and helpful.
I also weigh them every friday on my bluetooth scale :joy:
Im glad this topic was useful for you.

Hahaha ok well i love gadgets and computers and technology, but i don’t have the funds for it.
I don’t even know what i would do with it honestly and until i started googling for answers and ending up here i had no idea that this was really a thing many people do.
Can you program it to do more than 1 thing?
So unlock something and pay with it?

Payment is difficult. It requires an extra implant currently.
For example the NExT has 2 chips, you can clone your work badge to it (if it’s the correct chip type) and register it at various locks & unlock your PC+ have a URL on it when phones scan it.
The VivoKey Apex to be released SOON™ can literally run multiple applets, so added to the above comes online authentication stuff, a good computer login and so so much more possibilities.
This is a good starting point.

1 Like

Very interesting. the only implant i’ve ever had was a birth control implant in my arm :joy:
Not as cool and wasn’t a succes for me lol.
But from all of the chips on that list Vivokey seems the only one with website login so i’d take that one cause logging in everywhere with 2 step authentication and what not drives me nuts!

1 Like

Yes 2 factor and passwordless login via implants are the dream.
VivoKey is working on lots of applets to integrate everywhere possible: https://vivokey.com/apex has a list of the announced applets.

1 Like

And you need something close to be able to acces it right?
I wouldn’t want to get hacked lol
My computer (amongst other things) was hacked a couple years ago.
I lost everything, so im all for security.
Having to type in passwords when logging into stuff i had to start writing them down. I don’t use the same password twice and use just random characters so can’t really remember them all. I also do not save passwords on my computer anymore.
This VIVOkey would indeed be the dream for me if nobody can hack it.

1 Like