Jail w/ Implants - Laws, etc?

I did a 5 day jail roleplay. There was one time I bumped into a cell door frame the wrong way and the implant in my forearm certainly made its presence known. Other than that, no issues.

That’s what got him the 10 days :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My contact hasn’t gotten back to me :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Current CO at a county jail in Florida. Here’s a simple booking process that you might face. Obviously it is not all encompassing, and depending on where you live, your mileage may vary.

Upon booking the intake medical staff might ask you some basic medical questions to determine if they need to accommodate any health concerns. Basically a simple medical questionnaire. Unless it relates to your health and well being, you’ll probably not have to worry about disclosing your implant to them.

My facility has an X-Ray scanner that all inmates must pass after the nurse evaluates you. It will show an officer an image similar to this:

This officer is looking for narcotics or anything that can be considered contraband on your person. They may notice the implant at this point, or (depending on how much money they invested into the scanner) the scanner will notify the officer of a metallic object. If they ask about it, be respectful and tell them what it is. In my facility, jewelry or piercings that cannot be removed without medical intervention are going to be left alone, so you should be fine if your jail is similar.

After that you will be searched, and depending on several factors like what you have on your person or what your charge is, you will may be strip searched, which shouldn’t be an issue for your implant.

In terms of the implant’s capability, you’ll have no way of using it at the jail. In the compound, you won’t have access to keycard readers unsupervised, plus depending on how well funded the jail is, they might still be using a lot of manual locks and keys to get anywhere. Regardless, your implant will be useless unless you somehow have access to an officer’s ID card, a proxmark3, and a laptop, which would be impossible.

Hope that helps. Good luck with whatever you got going on.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t tell anyone unless asked by a police officer or a doctor but I would refuse to have it removed if they asked because I have basic human rights to refuse surgery I don’t want

nice. yeah seeing an implant on this screen is going to be pretty tough unless you’re looking for it or the computer points it out.

hmm… you know what’s not impossible though… like… having help on the outside. Like, someone targets a guard or security person outside the jail with a skimmer;

Are guards given any opsec training with regard to their badges outside of work? Probably not. Getting a badge copy should be pretty easy if you are patient enough.

Next, program a PIC tag… super small… looks pretty benign… doesn’t even look like an RFID tag actually…

The hard part is somehow getting it inside… though with how much contraband makes it inside, probably not that hard… could be some pretty fun technical short story writing here.

If anything the cops would probably use it to their advantage to keep track of it’s prisoners or at least they should rather than putting someone through unnecessary surgery

have you been through it yourself?

Not since I was implanted, however when I was working the booking floor on a slow day my coworkers had me run through it to see what our duty belt kits looked like from the scanner. Pretty interesting stuff.

My facility has some pretty good training regarding ID and Badge retention and security. Unfortunately with so many officers employed it can be hard to enforce.