Just had my broken NFC - xNT Tag removed - (It was not fractured, and apparently the epoxy is normally black)

So I just removed my broken (for like 3 years now) chip and it has a fracture down the side and was full of green. Not entirely sure what i did to it, But am unsure if it is supposed to be full of corrosion…
Pic included.

1 Like

Looks pretty intact to me. Need better closeup pics. It’s mostly filled with bio-safe epoxy, that’s what the black is.

1 Like

So the color is supposed to be in there? I swear it was clear when it went in.

1 Like

It looks like that black may be on the outside of the glass to me, have you tried wiping it with a paper towel or something to inspect it closer?

Its def on the inside.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s just the epoxy, but I’m no expert

Interested to see what others think

The xnts are made with black resin - looks fine to me.
Do you have access to some device that can make better close up shots?

2 Likes

Might just be wrong, the fracture could be the copper wire too, idk.

1 Like

This looks ok to me… as far as I can tell from the photos.

Why did you believe it to be broken?

3 Likes

Every NFC reader / app i tired told me cannot read (So i wanted to remove it and upgrade eventually)

(I thought that small copper wire was a fracture, Its hard to see, bad eyesight and all.)

3 Likes

Ship it to Amal

1 Like

Looks fine to me as well but ship it back to Amal and if it is broken you’ll get a free replacement from him.

Obvious question, but have you tried to scan it since it’s been removed? It’s looks pretty good to me

1 Like

I’ve had it for so long, I’m not fishing for a refund or anything like that. It lasted long enough. I’ve confirmed it doesn’t read from my S10 - and then binned it.

Will probably fish around of a version that i can tap-and-pay with next.

1 Like