Just thinking about data storage implants

mine has been “healed” for 3 months and still sometimes acts up. Can’t say i’d recommend for mass consumption though I am pleased with it personally. I like the idea of using it as a charging port though…

1 Like

We’re still far from the interface plug as seen in The Matrix.

1 Like

I must say… look at the terrible tissue scarring and inflammatory reactions around each interface. Come on machines, you could have done so much better than that.

2 Likes

No need to, we were just a :battery: for inevitable consumption. Why make it pretty?

2 Likes

Tell that to the vaping crowd: some of them are into beautifying their 18650 batteries. I shit you not.

1 Like

Man, nothing says I value my well being like heating up batteries.

2 Likes

After cutting off/covering up the safety information on the side of the cell :ok_hand:

That said, it does look kinda cool

That’s not the worst that happens to ecig batteries. They live a hard and short life in unregulated mods :slight_smile:

Oooh I know, its really funny watching people put large amounts of electricity into metal and are shocked when things go sideways when they don’t know what they are doing.

2 Likes

Do you treat your batteries with such disregard? hahah I nurse my batteries for all their worth!

2 Likes

electricity … shocked… logical! :sweat_smile:

What you don’t know can’t hurt you, right?

2 Likes

One thing I can say from experience(worked a vape shop for a couple years) is if you dont regularly change the sleeve around your batteries that people put in vapes they become way more dangerous. The sleeves covering them get nicked and torn when putting them in and out of vapes re sleeping them actually makes them safer. Nobody wants to put a battery that will dead short when you shove it into a metal pipe bomb

1 Like

I’ve been a heavy vaper for the better part of 8 years, I have over 300 mods, and I can count the number of nicked wraps on my batteries on the fingers of one hand - mostly from shite mechs from Malaysia or the Philippines, and from the original Vaporflask that has notoriously tight battery compartments.

As with everything, all it takes is a bit of care to preserve things. That goes for mod batteries as well.

EDIT: I feel I’ve derailed this thread a bit :slight_smile: Sorry about that, I’ll keep quiet from now on.

I dont know I used to have to rewrap mine a lot and had mods from cheap doo doo to 600$ collectors mods. But, maybe I saw it differently because I worked at a shop and was having to wrap batteries all the time for customers.

This thread reminded me of Cochlear implants.

2 Likes