KBR1 vs ACR122 Dimensions

Does anyone have a comparison of the dimensions of a KBR1 vs an ACR122? I’m wanting to use this design for my ACR, but I’m not sure how much they differ in size.

KBR1 holder + deskstorage:

1 Like

KBR1 ~5mm wider x ~5mm longer x ~same height ~12mm

3 Likes

KBR1: 70x105x12
ACR: 65x98x12
All dimensions in mm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Thanks y’all <3

3 Likes

I also have the acr i can change the desing so it works for that one aswel

5 Likes

As all general measurements should be :wink:

5 Likes

I spent a couple hours trying to import the stl into Fusion360, but I’m pretty new to CAD software and 3D printing in general, so I didn’t make much progress.

Moral of the story, I’d definitely download and print it if you did change the dimensions and put it up :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Definitely, something that shouldn’t take that long, Personally I use SolidWorks, and I always prefer to work with the original file than with an .stl, Not saying it can’t be done, just easier.

If you are wanting a pretty easy project to learn, desiging an ACR122U version off @simon_beer great design has some good fundamental basics to learn.
Cut, Extrude, Fillet, Extrude etc.

I am not sure if Fusion has a rollback function like SolidWorks, but if you can get the original file from Simon_Beer you would be able to see how it was designed and the individual steps to do so.

1 Like

It’d be more accurate for me to have said I was spending that time trying to convert the imported mesh into a body, which is why is was taking so long. I tried to use the Inventors file, but evidently the conversion from IPT to a fusion 360 friendly format is a commercial license feature not available on the hobbyist license :woman_shrugging:. The fillets of the organizer, while well done and really nice aesthetically, do not play nice when trying to make that conversion, so there was a lot of manual work that I was trying without ever having done it before.

Part of me was using it as a learning experience (to see if I could get it to work), but the other part of me thinks that the better learning experience would be to just replicate it and build it from scratch.

2 Likes

If you want i can show you how to do it with fusion with teamviewer and discord
Im. No expert but i know enough to show you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly, this would be great. I’d love to learn more about the process, so if you have some time, I’d love to sit down and try it out!

2 Likes

wel i have vacation now so when wil it fit you ?

Any chance you’re free sometime on Saturday? Not sure where you are in the world, but I’m Central time zone

i live in the netherlands ehm i think i have some time saterday or sunday

1 Like

I’d love to make some time then! I’m free pretty much all weekend, so whenever would work best for you.would work for me.

helle when do you have time ?

Hey i when shal we make an appointment to. Make. It happen? @Ottomagne

You might need to @ them @simon_beer
@Ottomagne

Ugh, sorry for kinda dropping off the face of the planet. A work thing came up, so I’ve been super busy the past few days. Think I should be clear for a few days now though. Any chance you’re free Thursday or Friday? @simon_beer

no problem happens sometimes

ehm yeah i have time thoug not friday evening then i wil get 2 magnets placed so :smiley:

an further i stil have vacation so just say when

@Ottomagne

1 Like